User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2970 TV cabinet mod

One of the reasons for this is because the salesperson in Albuquerque pulled the TV off the wall when I ask if it swiveled. The TV is hanging on 1/2" plywood with a few screws. Lots of usable room back there and a pretty simple mod, you can reuse the 1/4" ply from the front to cover the top now. Now my TV is bolted on with swivel bracket to allow access, will be adding some sort of strap to hold it during transport. Still deciding how we will use it, probably some baskets. Will be using the old bracket in the bedroom now.
    Last edited by Clay Richardson; 02-10-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one Clay. A whole lot of wasted space. On mine there is a magnet on the bracket that holds the TV in place while towing. would be nice if the new bracket had some sort of clamp lock on the folding part so you wouldn't have to strap it. Way to go Clay!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a great mod!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clay
    Great job, I have a completely different RV but with similar hidden unused space that I am trying to get to use. This helps.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, lots of room behind there. It is amazing that the mfgr didn't do something like you did. Then again it prob comes down to time and effort in terms of the whole build production run.
    From the looks of the pics, it doesn't look like it's too hard to carve out more storage space.
    Thanks for sharing!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. Anchoring it for travel will be tricky. I think I would add a 2x2 at the front running end to end even with the center post. Or even back a couple inches from the center post. That way if you put something in there that could slide during travel it will hit the 2x2 and not the TV. Stain to match. Put a couple of nice hooks on it. Add two hooks up inside at the top behind the TV. Run two bungee's around the front of the TV.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking to utilize the area behind the TV as well. Looking at Clay Richardson's post, no pictures are coming up. Are they gone, or am I doing something wrong? I am signed in.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I am looking to utilize the area behind the TV as well. Looking at Clay Richardson's post, no pictures are coming up. Are they gone, or am I doing something wrong? I am signed in.
    Glad to see you say that! I was thinking something was wrong on my end. Not seeing any photos either.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS