User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 300GK versus 310GK

Hi all!

Hopefully, this is the correct forum to post this in. If not, please excuse my ignorance, as I am new to the GDO group. Heck, I'm not even a GDO yet. But that also gets at the crux of the matter. My wife are in the market for a 5th wheel RV, having previously owned several bumper tows and a truck camper. We've narrowed down our choice to either a 2017 300GKor 2017 310 GK. Very similar layout but for the obvious change in the living room seating arrangement. But that's also why this is not an easy decision. Given our current experience with a rig that's 12'-6" tall, I'd probably prefer the slightly lower 300GK over the 310. But then again, I don't know what the additional height of the 310 provides for. In all your real-world experiences, are there any pros and cons of one over the other that a prospective buyer ought to know about? Weight is not an issue, as I own a 2012 F-450 already.

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to this forum as a GDO before too long!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the specs I saw height is almost the same. I personally don't care for the rear entertainment. I prefer being seated across from the tv. The coat closet in the 300 is a plus. Also if the specs I saw are correct the 310 has larger tanks.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    According to the specs I saw height is almost the same. I personally don't care for the rear entertainment. I prefer being seated across from the tv. The coat closet in the 300 is a plus. Also if the specs I saw are correct the 310 has larger tanks.
    According to the specs, the 300 comes in at 12'-11", whereas the 310 tops out at 13'-5". I, too, prefer sitting across from the tv, though it wouldn't be visible from the kitchen in the 310. The 310 does have significantly larger tanks, which would be a big plus in my book. Not sure that having or not having a small coat closet is a deciding factor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife really wanted a coat closet. As it is , we put a small hanging rack on the wall to left of bath door. Attached with command strips. Not sure about 2017 but our 2019 has a wall mounted dinette table. 300 looks like a pedestal
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might check the air conditioner on top, if it is a low profile or regular one there is two different ones,
    Darwin & Linda
    Southern, Idaho
    2014 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is my understanding that the wall-mounted dinette is the standard, whereas the free-standing table is an option. I've seen both. Regardless, we're somewhat indifferent to that. As to the AC, I do not know whether the specs are based on the low profile AC vs. standard height. If anyone on this forum knows, I'd appreciate the insight!

As to pros and cons, do any of you 300 or 310 owners wish to share anything about your personal rigs that you really love or conversely wish was different? Some of those points may help our decision making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are comparing the 2 for same year 2017 I believe they are very similar except the 300 has the rear entertainment and coat closet.
    The 310 has the entertainment on the side and did not have the coat closet.

Also for 2017 I believe they both still had the smaller tanks, free standing dinette table, and low profile AC's

Sometime in 2018 Grand Design stop making the 300 and with the 310 decided to go with the bigger tanks, wall mounted table, and standard AC's which made the RV higher.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 310GK and it has a single 50 gallon grey tank. The 2018's came with two. OTOH, watching TV over my shoulder was an absolute no-go in looking for an RV. The theater seating in the 310 is a big plus to us along with the remarkable amount of window space.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larger tanks were not offered until 2018
    🏔 2 🏖