User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas

We took a trip to this park a couple weekends ago. It was going to be a warm sunny weekend, not many of those lately in Arkansas. The camping site was great. The park has a lot of exploring to do, either by foot or vehicle. There are waterfalls, small lake, clean place, plenty of history, a car museum and friendly people. There is a beautiful lodge with a nice restaurant with a great view. Most of the campsites other than “A” are not really suitable for a larger campers. It is hard to get campsites if you do not reserve unless it was like the weekend we went. No one expected a good weekend I suppose. Oh and it is 20 miles South of I-40. You will enjoy it if you get the chance to stay there. Oh and we visited with a couple there who had an Imagine RB as well.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petit Jean Park is one of my favorite places to visit. I love the views looking down into the Arkansas River Valley. Great hiking trails and the friendliest people in the world. Wonderful for young and old. I also like Wolly Hollow State Park outside of Greenbrier. HAPPY Camping in the natural state.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were there in October.. Beautiful setting and nice fall colors on the drive up from Hot Springs.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been to Petit Jean several times. We have stayed in the B loop with no problems (just 30 amp) but the A loop is the place to be.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in Wolly Hollow Thanksgiving. Very nice park and a gorgeous part of Arkansas! The leaves were golden!