User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Heartbreak of Delamination, Part Deux Re: Customer Service

Some of you may have seen my thread in the Reflection travel trailer section, The HBOD, pt. Un. You can check it here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...f-Delamination

I'm posting in the general area to comment on customer service.
    The short story: Upon discovering delamination above the dining slide, I contacted GDRV customer service and was assigned a case number. I had the unit inspected by a reputable repair service and submitted their report along with photos. No evidence of water intrusion was found. This was in late September. Wall replacement was immediately taken off the table by GDRV's CS rep. I appealed to his boss with same result. Details of what ensued are in my other thread. Long story short, I was put off, not contacted for 6 weeks despite emails from me. The last straw was when a supervisor told me he would set something up with a dealer the following week that actually had a facility to perform a repair. When I called that dealer 2 weeks later and no contact had been made, I decided to go up the chain.

I emailed Jerry McCarthy last Thursday.
    He responded within the hour by email with an apology and a promise to have a gentleman, Brad, contact me with a plan. Brad called the following morning on Friday, first apologizing and saying that this is not the way GDRV provides customer service. He asked if I could do without my trailer for a period of time and promised to come up with a plan by Monday.

Monday morning, call from Brad asking for the address of the storage lot where the trailer was located. His plan was to pick up my trailer this week.

Tuesday morning an email from Brad and a call from Indiana Transport. He'll be there late this afternoon. We had started unloading the trailer on Monday and now we rushed to finish the job! Charlie arrived at the storage yard on time in a late model Dodge 1 ton. I waved g'bye to my trailer. I figure it's nearly halfway to the factory by now. It will be there Friday. Yep, we're getting one and possibly 2 walls replaced! They start working on it Monday!

Holy Smokes, Batman! That's some customer service!! I'm sleeping better now.

A shout out to Rob of Cate&Rob fame for an assist and moral support
    Last edited by howson; 01-18-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: poor punctuation, creative cussing is discouraged...replaced with "smokes"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to hear this Kim! I hope I never have an issue where our trailer needs to be towed by someone else to Indiana, but I’m sure it will return better than ever! Please let us know the outcome and how long it takes!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Some of you may have seen my thread in the Reflection travel trailer section, The HBOD, pt. Un. You can check it here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...f-Delamination

I'm posting in the general area to comment on customer service.
    The short story: Upon discovering delamination above the dining slide, I contacted GDRV customer service and was assigned a case number. I had the unit inspected by a reputable repair service and submitted their report along with photos. No evidence of water intrusion was found. This was in late September. Wall replacement was immediately taken off the table by GDRV's CS rep. I appealed to his boss with same result. Details of what ensued are in my other thread. Long story short, I was put off, not contacted for 6 weeks despite emails from me. The last straw was when a supervisor told me he would set something up with a dealer the following week that actually had a facility to perform a repair. When I called that dealer 2 weeks later and no contact had been made, I decided to go up the chain.

I emailed Jerry McCarthy last Thursday.
    He responded within the hour by email with an apology and a promise to have a gentleman, Brad, contact me with a plan. Brad called the following morning on Friday, first apologizing and saying that this is not the way GDRV provides customer service. He asked if I could do without my trailer for a period of time and promised to come up with a plan by Monday.

Monday morning, call from Brad asking for the address of the storage lot where the trailer was located. His plan was to pick up my trailer this week.

Tuesday morning an email from Brad and a call from Indiana Transport. He'll be there late this afternoon. We had started unloading the trailer on Monday and now we rushed to finish the job! Charlie arrived at the storage yard on time in a late model Dodge 1 ton. I waved g'bye to my trailer. I figure it's nearly halfway to the factory by now. It will be there Friday. Yep, we're getting one and possibly 2 walls replaced! They start working on it Monday!

Holy Smokes, Batman! That's some customer service!! I'm sleeping better now.

A shout out to Rob of Cate&Rob fame for an assist and moral support
    Good news, only wish the customer service started out the right way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by howson; 01-18-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim, I thought this was resolved long ago. I guess better late than never. Keep us posted.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    Good news, only wish the customer service started out the right way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Me too. I have had a couple other pretty serious warranty issues and they were handled quickly and professionally.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim - Rob and Jerry.....heck of a go to team ! You'll be taken good care of. Look forward to progress reports.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I worked with Jerry also for my wall delam. Mine is the entire wall. I'm dropping it off in the GDRV shop right after the August rally.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep y'all posted. Brad wanted to get this done asap so we could use the trailer for the upcoming season. I certainly wouldn't argue with that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news Chief and kudos to GD customer service once again! Not to be Debbie Downer but I hope it wasn't a silver late model Dodge dually. I saw one last week pulling a new triple axle toy hauler (not a GD) across northern San Antonio on a 4 lane highway and I paced him at 79 mph for about 5 miles! Had Indiana Transport on the door lol. I was actually impressed it would pull this rig that fast, had to be 20K plus pounds. Hopefully you got the ole guy who pulls 60!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    That's great news Chief and kudos to GD customer service once again! Not to be Debbie Downer but I hope it wasn't a silver late model Dodge dually. I saw one last week pulling a new triple axle toy hauler (not a GD) across northern San Antonio on a 4 lane highway and I paced him at 79 mph for about 5 miles! Had Indiana Transport on the door lol. I was actually impressed it would pull this rig that fast, had to be 20K plus pounds. Hopefully you got the ole guy who pulls 60!
    It was a white 1 ton SRW, no name on the door. He normally runs out of Boise. Nice guy, we chatted for about 30 minutes. He said he likes to keep his speed at 65 or so but who knows? I do have Goodyear Endurance tires with an 87 mph speed rating, uprated axles (5.2 to 6k), new springs, wet bolts w/bronze bushings, Timken bearings w/Lucas Red n Tacky grease and Morryde EQ's.
    I'm not too thrilled about 4500 miles on my trailer. I'm not too thrilled about buying a new trailer that has needed new brakes, suspension, axles, tires and now walls in the 2 years I've owned it. I'd rather the unit was built right the first time. Guess I got one that was built on a Monday. At least GD has stepped up and has tried, and is trying, to make it right and at this point I'm happy with that. Fingers crossed this will be the last of my troubles. I'm betting some other manufacturers would have told me to pound sand a long time ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast