Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Hey Ken,
The 5110HP has been replaced by the 5110R in the WFCO linup. I bought one from bestconverter.com. Essentially the same unit. All is good now, although I did have some GFCI issues after installing. I started another thread about it...when I plugged in the trailer to my house via extension cord, the gfci at the house would trip. I assumed something was up with the inverter. Lots of good advice to check impedence and other things with the circuits. Good advice from bestconverter owner as well. He said some new inverters will trip a gfci. Google it, and sure enough, there is alot about that. Didnt trouble shoot any further when later on the tripping ceased. Could’ve just as well been moisture in a circuit somewhere. Works great now though.
I work on washers and dryers in apartments and colleges. Just a little spilled water or grounding circuit on the front panels will trip the ground fault outlets. I dislike them with a passion.
I have talked with the service manager at Paul Evert's in Coburg, Oregon. Not much quick help there. I don't even think he has even wired one in an RV. So very sad. I will be calling GD Monday. I'm guessing they will either send one of the updated inverters to the dealer or me. KEN