Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    We use the Andersen buckets instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's no doubt those are good but a) I don't have to remember or store these and b) I can add extra height with more blocks if needed but there are times those Andersons look too high and no way to use half of it. Anyway, that was my theory.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Snap Pads and like them, but like Brian said, they aren't really exciting being what they are. On our last trip, they did seem to add some stability in that the jack feet seemed to grip better than just the metal on concrete did. We also looked at the buckets but were put off by the price. Install was easy. I installed them while hooked to the truck. We put the leveling system in manual mode and I had my DW operate the controls while I gave her directions over the phone. This way, I could watch and make minor adjustments to the placement while the jack was coming down. Another hint is to get some liquid soap (we used Dawn) and put a good smear around the inside perimeter of the pad as well as the bottom/outside of the jack foot. This made it easy for the pad to snap on and the soap will just wash away afterwards.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any concern with the added weight on the hydraulic system? Pistons/Seals, Etc???
    2018 Ford F 450 Platinum- White gold exterior Marsala interior w/ Reese 26.5K hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R with dual pane windows, slide-out awning toppers, and heat pump options.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram&Lab2 View Post
    Any concern with the added weight on the hydraulic system? Pistons/Seals, Etc???
    At 5lbs per, I'm not too worried about it on multi-thousand pound hydraulics. As an update, we installed ours (easy) a couple of months ago and have used them a few times boondocking. They seem to be more stable by my butt-o-meter but that may be wishful thinking. In general, happy with the purchase and no longer think about it.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at them recently but didn't buy. They just seemed too pricey to me. I would still have to use blocks on occasion. The look great, but I can use the $170 elsewhere, like a portable generator, if I can just make up my mind what I want.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been considering a set of these. Just wonder if they would help in the stability inside (394m)? Anyone one with personal experience?

Thnx

////Chile.

SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine for a couple of years. Bought them more out of convenience rather than having to put something else under the stabilizers every time they are grounded. Can't say if they have or haven't done anything wrt to stability.
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use them in our Montana and like them. Beats putting blocks or whatever down each time, especially when using the Auto Level.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use similar products but had an incident to change my mind about how I use them.

I now use the biggest beefiest chocks possible when re-hitching to FW up on 'red buckets' or blocks. And the manual RV braking on brake control. I had a small red plastic chock to disappear into soft ground once when attempting to set hitch while pin was slightly lo (would have been no problem on dry firm ground). Stabilizers almost came off buckets with the FW movement backwards. Could have been disaster for rear of truck.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the Snap Pads since before we went full time. We have the six point leveling and they've been ocean to ocean twice with no issues or concerns. The upside is there's no maintenance, don't have to load and unload them, etc. Most of the time we could actually take them or leave them however, with them being on full time it's been really nice to have them when we get to a space where the ground may be soft.

I do add 4"x10" blocks under them if we're going to be in once place very long....just to minimize the movement inside our rig when moving around.

I did buy two of those red Anderson buckets and have used them under the front legs however, at once site they would not fit under there. Another time, I nearly pushed the Momentum off of the buckets and that would have been disasterous for my truck bed.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast