User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Newbie got lucky

So we just got back from our first camping trip ever. Towed the new 312 to Florida from Ontario Canada. It was fantastic, sun and fun in Sarasota was great.

So we got back and I winterized the trailer. Followed all the steps and got it all done. We never used the outside kitchen sink so I just assumed that I didn’t have to run antifreeze through that fixture. Sitting in bed a few days after I winterized it my wife and I got talking and she admits to me that she turned it on briefly and “pink stuff” was coming out so she turned it off. Me not realizing this didn’t open that fixture when I winterized it, go back a day later after this admission from my wife and it’s froze up. Damn!!!

Got some heat going in the rig and got a heater in the outdoor kitchen and after 45 mins I got it unfroze. Got the antifreeze through it and I think I avoided disaster.

Lesson learned. Always do all the fixtures.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good catch. This spring pressurize and make sure that the line did not split where it froze. Just remember that the whole idea of winterizing is to get all the water out and replace it with anitfreeze. Just because a faucet didn't get used, water was all the way up to the faucet in the lines.... Knowing in advance to check things this spring will make it a lot easier should something have happened.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have me wondering about the outside water. Even thro they are not used, they still have water to them. I guess I will have to attach the push-in hose and run anti-freeze to each one. I suppose I will have to do the washer hook-up also. So much work, so little time.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just move to the south and you don't have to winterize.