User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    I totally disagree that it is to cut costs. I think it has everything to do with adding more weight to the RV. Now, should they have added extra support to that area? Probably. But to make a blanket statement that shortcuts are made to keep costs down, I disagree.
    I will see your disagree and raise you this.....
    If the manufactures take an extra few minutes to put some scrap wood under these panels thus shoring them up so they do not sag that will cost them time=money. For the little bit of added weight of maybe 5 pounds overall it is not a weight issue.
    Boy this is fun.

Back to topic.

Brian

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!! We are all here to help. Adding a 1 x 1 would probably be the easiest. It sounds like the wire pulled out of a connection. Do you have any pictures?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the responses, apologies if I sounded blunt. Now we just have to figure out how to get the bent shelf out and get to the wires. We can see copper, so there must be a break somehow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6E8E274A-480D-48A4-B952-5188CCA96E0B.jpeg  
    Last edited by Labretrieverlover; 01-18-2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Picture posted
    2018 GD Reflection 297RSTS
    2015 GMC Denali Dually

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible the wires actually shorted and blew the trailer light fuses in the truck? I believe in your GMC they will be in the under hood box on drivers side. They will be labeled as trailer lighting.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labretrieverlover View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses, apologies if I sounded blunt. Now we just have to figure out how to get the bent shelf out and get to the wires. We can see copper, so there must be a break somehow.
    As noted in the other thread I attached (post #5 & #3 ) after pulling out the couch I removed the panel next to the end of the couch by removing the staples with a small flat screwdriver and a pliers. After that, could see the support bracing and collapsed shelf with wiring for RV tail lights and 120 V plugin. I removed the shelf to inspect wiring and to re-install the shelf bracing. Also cleaned the floor sawdust/other while in their. Re-installed bracing and the side panel next where end of couch would be using existing staples using a pliers and hammer and borrowed staple gun from neighbor to increse the number of staple points. Turned out great !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labretrieverlover View Post
    Labretrieverlover - It looks like the damage to the wire is right at the back wall. There is "usually" some slack in these wires. If you remove the tail light lens, you might be able to pull enough wire out to repair the damaged/shorted wire. The wall is only 1 1/2" thick.

x2 on Vickie & Charlie's advice that a short here may have blown the fuse in the truck.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cabinet shelf rear views from the missing back wall:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backwall Cabinet View.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	17232
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to chuckle to myself when I saw this post first come up. We too drove to California last year for our sons wedding in St Helena. We drove I-5 and that road took its toll on our cabinets as well. I had stored two 1 gallon jugs of water in each. When we got to Lodi the second night I noticed water on the floor. Thought it was condensation from the AC running the night before. Cleaned it up and away we went. Next day got to Napa and more water and even had water running out of some cracks from the underbelly. Opened the right side cabinet to get a bottle for coffee and saw the damaged cabinet. Figured I fix it when I got home. Next time I needed water opened the left side cabinet and that side was gone too and had a half filled bottle of water with some staple holes in them. At least I found out where the water came from. Got home and put some plywood on the wide with glue and brad nails and put a 1/2 plywood bottom on this time. The factory uses a 3/8" piece of wood stapled into the side and the bottom is the paneling you see in the trailer. More of alight weight cabinet but now I think mine can handle the heavier stuff. Good luck with your repair.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same thing happen with a laptop stored in the cabinet. The dealer repaired it under warranty.
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in Ohio, and encountered speed bump type dips ground out on a right hand curve going around the airport. Signs stated speed restrictions to 35MPH. I slowed down, but 35 was way to fast for pulling our trailer. I was surprised to see we did not pull the wheels out from under the trailer. When we stopped for the night, we found a similar mess when the cabinets kinda opened up and threw out their contents. Also we have found that I 10 and 20 are great shake down routes to see if anything will loosen up and fall off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast