User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    After a bit more research, they are spendy, 10-12k and higher I've seen reported. As with most stuff though, the folks that have em, love em and most of the folks that diss em, have never even seen one. There were several reports of poor customer service and long wait times for delivery as they are built to order, but the thing that I saw that I would have to research more is in that one video, you could see the scrub marks from the right front tire on the pavement during a tight left turn, as if the device was trying to push the truck straight. Might have been an illusion but I would definitely be digging into that. But then again, I have no use for one but not saying there might be some special circumstances folks have that would warrant it. Interesting gizmo...much like how they add axles to haul huge loads with specialized trailers.

If you look at the video at the 53 second mark you can see the significant rubber scuff/scrub marks on the road when the rear truck wheels are sliding.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that in the backing video. I was watching a different one and could be mistaken on front vs rear sliding. At any rate, some of the turns they make with those has got to be pretty hard on the trailer tires and axles. Jackknife to 120 degrees, with triple axles? WOW Guess it might beat having to back out in some cases...LOL
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he doesn't have enough weight on the truck in the video. It almost looks like the system is unloading the rear axle of the truck, causing the rear wheels to struggle for traction. It's an interesting idea.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    It's apparently possible and SAFE?

Attachment 17222

Part of me thinks it's just some oddball gimmick because I've never actually seen anyone using it.

Attachment 17223

What do you guys think of this rig?

http://fifthwheelst.com/automated-sa...ch-system.html
    This would work but you would be tied to pull through sites and at some time you will be faced with the issue of backing it up.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When he is backing in to his driveway you can see the rear wheels on the truck spinning on leave ground. What will happen if he was trying to back up a grade and turning at the say time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a 2017 374 Solitude for sale on RV Trader earlier today where the 374 was hitched to one of these pulling with a Bowtie 2500 Duramax. First time I have seen a GDRV either out on the road or in pictures/videos with one of these. The P/U has a topper with a kayak it appears.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably worthy of a new thread but I figured I'd tack on to this one. A friend, and I do mean a friend, of mine just drove down to FL to buy a Momentum M class toy hauler. I don't know the year or model number but know it's a triple axle unit (maybe they all are). Apparently he's looking at this Automated Safety System to use with his Chevy Suburban 2500 with Duramax to tow with. This seems crazy to me. Am I obligated to tell him he's nuts? Am I nuts for thinking it's a bad idea to tow a 17,000 trailer with a 2500 Suburban? Curious what you think.
    Last edited by jasonl78; 09-08-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Probably worthy of a new thread but I figured I'd tack on to this one. A friend, and I do mean a friend, of mine just drove down to FL to buy a Momentum M class toy hauler. I don't know the year or model number but know it's a triple axle unit (maybe they all are). Apparently he's looking at this Automated Safety System to use with his Chevy Suburban 2500 with Duramax to tow with. This seems crazy to me. Am I obligated to tell him his nuts? Am I nuts for thinking it's a bad idea to tow a 17,000 trailer with a 2500 Suburban? Curious what you think.
    Personally, I think he's nuts - but try to find a more gentle way to say it. A triple-axle toy hauler is in 1-ton dual rear wheel territory.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123