User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens to your trade in RV?

Ever trade in something like an RV? Ever wonder what happens to it? Where it goes? Who gets it?

We are Solitude owners, that traded in an Imagine 2670MK in early November 2018. I (husband) loved the Imagine (Imma). I lived in it while I worked around the country. Had it almost a year, but traded it in on a 375RES because the wife, dog and cat came traveling with me.

So we received a message from a couple who are buying an Imagine from the same dealership that we traded it in to and asked if it was ours and send us pictures. Turns out that it is the Imagine that we just trade it in 3 months ago. We are in Texas and they are in Colorado and they're driving to Tulsa to pick it up. They said that the dealership did a FaceTime video walking through it and it looked brand new and asked us if there was any issues because everyone knows how honest dealerships can be LOL. We gave him advice on it and told them to keep in touch.

I just thought it was a neat little story because you never really know what happens to your trade ins.
    Extra Class Ham Operator WB0YD
    2018 Imagine 2670MK previous rig
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 Long bed dually Cummins automatic
    AISIN A69 trans 3.73 gears, B+W Companion slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that the new buyers were able to track you down. Maybe they found some identifying papers you might have left behind. When we traded in our previous trailer (a 2013 Open Range JT337), our salesman mentioned that he had a customer looking for a unit like ours to set up on a permanent site and live in it. So on the day we did the deal and turned over our trade and we were waiting for our PDI, I noticed our trade had disappeared. I wandered around the lot and finally saw our trade next door at the dealers used trailer lot. They already had it set up with the slides out and the steps down and it was sitting parallel with the busy street in front of the lot! During the following week, I started tracking our trade on the dealers web site and it was marked sold within a week. Easy money for the dealer but it was a nice trailer and well maintained.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new owners are members here. They saw my post about trading in the Imagine for our new 375 and that we traded it in at Camperland OK in Tulsa. They were wondering if it was mine. They had put a deposit down on the Imma and they were sent a walk through video from the dealership.

They also included a link to the dealer website of the coach. So i went and looked and then i saw the Camouflage spare tire cover on the back and knew immediately it was her. We cleaned the 2670 out really well and left no paperwork or other identifying stuff.

It is cool how much of a small world and tight knit community we have here.
    Extra Class Ham Operator WB0YD
    2018 Imagine 2670MK previous rig
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 Long bed dually Cummins automatic
    AISIN A69 trans 3.73 gears, B+W Companion slider

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 315RLTS they had our Sunline trade in set up on the lot before we left. Sold the Sunline the same day.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded in a 2009 Keystone Challenger. I had done so many modifications to it that I told the salesman to give my name and phone number to the new owner. He has called me about 3 times with questions on the things I'd done. One was -- I redid the "T" pull for the black tank. I replaced the cable pulls with solid, direct line. To do this I had to place the "T" through the frame under the front door. He could not figure out how to drain the tank. We talked that one through.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we traded our Cedar Creek for the Momentum I gave the service manager a PDI'ish walk through of our used unit listing all of it's deficiencies (it was short list). I also told the dealer it would be ok if someone wanted to talk to us about it. Less than two weeks later I get a call from a lady that bought it. The dealer hadn't even had time to do anything to it and it was setting on the back lot waiting for down time from the shop so it could be worked on. She bought it site unseen because of the floor plan, and of course it being 8 years old the price was pretty low. She was going to set it up on some property in TX and use it like a park model.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traded in our 2007 Jayco Jayfeather 29N after 10 years of ownership. We paid 20k new, got 13k trade in, sight unseen by the dealer. When we took delivery of our new 315RLTS the sales mgr inspected our old Jayco and was very pleased with the condition of it. He had it sold while we were doing our PDI, before it was disconnected from my truck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had contact with the new owner but I did watch our trailer on the dealer's used site. I think it was sold within 3 weeks with a sale pending within the first week. It was an "as is" condition sale due to the bathroom floor being soft. The sales rep looked at the trailer briefly and check to make sure the fridge was working. I said everything works as it should. My wife and I did give a cleaning before it was dropped off. Made sure things worked. I figured it was sold over the weekend since we dropped it off on Wednesday. They probably prepped it for Internet posting and sale on Thursday. It was tagged up for sale on Friday or Saturday for walk thru that weekend. Since it needed work, chances were someone saw it, said the price is right and in the right hands it was a long weekend project. I was done with the nickel dime stuff and we were ready to move on. My wife and I figured it would sell quick whether we traded it in or selling it privately.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last two units we traded in were sold within a week of our transaction. Both were very well maintained and had severa upgrades.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.