User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion fireplace failure

Emily, Woke up the other morning to a burning odor, went into the living room to find the fireplace shooting sparks out. Shut it down and removed the unit and unplugged. A tag on it says no user replaceable parts inside, but clearly, it appears repairable. Where do we go from here? Vin# 573FR332XE3300335

Tom&Joan

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's a control board or module that's replaceable.

When ours failed, I found a replacement for the entire fireplace on Amazon Prime for about $225.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    Emily, Woke up the other morning to a burning odor, went into the living room to find the fireplace shooting sparks out. Shut it down and removed the unit and unplugged. A tag on it says no user replaceable parts inside, but clearly, it appears repairable. Where do we go from here? Vin# 573FR332XE3300335

Tom&Joan
    Tom & Joan - with the sale of the forum by Chris to Andy, Emily has been absent from the forum. I suspect she is not even signing on any more. Just wanted to share that you will most likely not hear from her or any other GDRV folks on this thread.

As you probably know, GDRV focus is on their Facebook page and the GDRV4Life site. Andy and others on the forum possibly, are working with GDRV to continue participation on the forum. Unfortunately it has been crickets.

If GDRV walks away from forum participation it is a blow to the forum. However more importantly, as I (and many others) have shared on various threads it is a serious miscalculation on the ongoing value to GDRV.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-18-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Barbara and Dave, also Toes. I would think that GDRV's lack of participation is not only a loss to us, but also to GDRV. Case in point, previous postings about the recepticles used. In our case, the fireplace plug was so loose, I am surprised it did not fall out. The recepticle was quite warm. It is safety items such as this they should be aware of.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    I think there's a control board or module that's replaceable.

When ours failed, I found a replacement for the entire fireplace on Amazon Prime for about $225.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    The fireplace on my 303RLS failed within the first week. Furrion sent me another complete fireplace that I installed myself. The replacement has worked during the fall and winter. If this one fails out-of-warranty, I don't think I would bother trying to fix it. I would find a more reputable brand product to replace it with.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Ford F-250 6.7 SCSB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called the # for Emily at GD, got someone else who referred me to the nearest dealer (Lazy Days), they do not handle replacement parts for fireplaces. OK, refer to phone# on back of instruction manual. Joan talked to a rep who indicated our failure is a classic circuit board failure, and will ship us one for $25. Good. I guess the label stating no serviceable parts inside unit is in error! The rep stated that if the circuit board did not fix it, they would give us credit towards a new unit. Did not ask price. Amazon price was $235. Will update.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    Called the # for Emily at GD, got someone else who referred me to the nearest dealer (Lazy Days), they do not handle replacement parts for fireplaces. OK, refer to phone# on back of instruction manual. Joan talked to a rep who indicated our failure is a classic circuit board failure, and will ship us one for $25. Good. I guess the label stating no serviceable parts inside unit is in error! The rep stated that if the circuit board did not fix it, they would give us credit towards a new unit. Did not ask price. Amazon price was $235. Will update.
    Hi Tom&Joan,

Discouraging news on the lack of response from GDRV . Good to learn that you have a repair plan. Please take some pictures and keep us updated . . . there will be others who will benefit from your learnings .

On a more general note . . . the strength of this forum has always been in figuring out how to fix things ourselves. We would love to have participation from GDRV, but if they don't want to do that, this will have little affect on how we have always solved things. We have electrical, plumbing, suspension, welding, tires, HVAC, materials, etc, etc, etc experts on this forum who have spent entire careers in each of these fields. In most cases, our experts know more about the situation than the factory contacts. Lack of participation by GDRV is not going to change this.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 01-18-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

Enjoy every one of your posts. A message in every one. I will update and post pics if able, our internet is very anemic and I can send pics to individuals but not usually to websites. Maybe the server on the other end won't put up with the snail speed. I get around this by driving to the local library 12 miles away. Pathetic for sure!

P.S. I have learned so much on this forum from so many. At 78 I am testament that the learning curve never levels off.
    Last edited by Tom&Joan; 01-18-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to double check and make sure you actually have a Furrion fireplace.

I think I read in your other post that you have a 2014 Reflection. Back then, they were using a Greystone brand fireplace. They are not the same as Furrion.

Parts will not intermingle between the two.

I had a similar experience with my Greystone fireplace, and it was a connector on the heater that burned off. Replaced with new high temp connectors and it works again.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You may want to double check and make sure you actually have a Furrion fireplace.

I think I read in your other post that you have a 2014 Reflection. Back then, they were using a Greystone brand fireplace. They are not the same as Furrion.

Parts will not intermingle between the two.

I had a similar experience with my Greystone fireplace, and it was a connector on the heater that burned off. Replaced with new high temp connectors and it works again.
    Good Catch Steve! I believe you are correct.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast