Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Before using the trailer while in my driveway:
    Front nose and right frame lights mostly burnt out.
    Had to staple on numerous trim in bedroom that fell off with ¾ brads
    Right slide sqeeled and banged in and out. Dealer found insulation jammed in mechanism and tracks
    Right suspension hangers welded on at an angle. Bushings wiped out and repaired.
    Found overspray on various spots on exterior
    Paint has dirt and flaws everywhere and a base coat missed two spots on nose. Unit to be completely redone
    Table extension damaged that I replaced
    Rust on exposed drop frame and slide tubing that I had to touch up.
    Right slide awning has paint on from Precision. New awning sent to me but not installed
    Exterior speaker covered in white paint from Precision Paint
    Front compartment door I had to repair as was nearly impossible to open and close.
    Had to scrape off chunks of urethane off the inside right slide windows (both)
    J trim screws pulled through on right slide.
    Roof cut with knife by Precision Paint ( Repaired)
    Black wood trim on right of fridge down low was beat up by factory nail gun. Temp filled holes myself.
    Left hub assembly missing grease dust cap. ( Installed ) new myself)
    Rear living room window blind and right side bedroom slide window blind both have holes.
    Oven door small deep dent right in center above window
    Under belly sagging down approx. 6 inch’s in front of axles
    After First trip:
    Hardly any water flow from kitchen tap ( Finding supply goes from ½” pex to ¼ “ to tap) This won’t work!
    Drain vales handles for gray and black tanks rusted solid
    Front gray tank leaking everywhere. Had to get fixed in Newport. Service found two piping leaks
    Washer drain pipe leaking. Glued fitting myself that had no glue.
    Rota-flex pin box rubber slid back almost an inch. New pin box shipped and I had to replace
    Second trip:
    Both large slides J trim all wavey and trim between fiberglass and J trim bowing out.
    Left slide hydraulics leaking underneath. Hydraulic fluid everywhere.( I fixed in parking lot in Kamloops)
    More trim falling off inside
    Bedroom floor creeks bad in a spot 2 feet round in front of closet and washer door.
    Screw heads missing on right slide on front outside surface
    Floor in front of island damaged by right slide rubbing on flooring
    Main slide coming out of fixed track first 5 inch’s at rear
    NEW after third camping trip:
    Fiberglass damage from inside out at left side between slide and rear wall. Something coming through like a screw or?
    TV cabinet wood top cracking
    More trim inside falling off.
    Right side storage compartment door hitting bottom. No adjustments to be made.
    Front cap trim coming off under side of nose.
    Most of the lower panel below the rear cabinet above rear couch falling down
    More of the main awning material coming off of trailer.
    A large sunken spot on the roof of the right slide causing water to build and not run off.
    NEW SEP 16/18
    All three inside doors: the finish paper peeling off. The pantry door being the worst.
    Trim falling off above dinette.
    Circuit breaker tripping again on leveling system. Finding on the web a 80 amp is required.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2016 Reflection new and just recently purchased a 2019 Solitude new. We spent three winters in the Reflection. The only problem we had with that unit was leaking grease seals which were repaired under warranty. It was a great rig! After living in our Solitude for a month the only issue we've really had is a "burping" master toilet. I think this particular model has a 45 degree elbow in the plumbing and we need to be careful to use a lot more water and less "solids" than we're used to while flushing in order to make sure it doesn't "burp" from partial plugging of the drain pipe.

Both of our Grand Design 5th wheels have been excellent! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another new one.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 2 fireplaces replaced 1 didn't work and that replacement would not shutoff at temp
    2 grey tank valves replaced
    black tank valve replaced
    new awing arm
    most blub seals replaced
    Replaced all screws in the furnace vent cover
    Greased all wet bolts since factory did not, also changed to Morryde CRE3000
    Last edited by colo native; 01-19-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reflection 150 Series 230 RL bought about a month ago.
    1. Fuse panel faulty, will be replaced by GD and mobile tech, it was one fuse inlet that was causing the furnace to short and not turn on every time.
    2. Mislabeled grey and black tanks
    3. The big one is leaks in the slide windows, 3 of them. All must be replaced because of bowing (possibly not sized correctly.). GD got the information yesterday, literally, and 2 of the windows are on the way today via 3 day air for mobile tech repair. The other will be on the way soon I hope.
    So far, the rep I am working specifically for all my needs is fantastic. My first two calls to GD were sketchy and scared me, but the rep handling my issues now has totally turned it around. I am getting more confident about things.

My hope is that I can work out the kinks and be able to enjoy this rig for some time to come. I love the layout and just want some down time with the rig!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ours was a new model and up till that point only 3 had been built with the optional dual paned windows we wanted and those were all in B.C. We were in Texas. We also wanted the optional theater seating because the standard chaise is not comfortable especially for tall people. We couldn’t find any 220RK with that option either. So we ordered ours new and had it built to our specs. PDI didn’t reveal anything erroneous but the trailer went straight into storage for a few months while we got ready to leave Texas and go full time. During this period the circuit board on the water heater went out and we replaced it ourselves then Grand Design reimbursed us. The only “flaw” I discovered was the lack of a heater duct under the bathroom vanity’s false bottom which lead to it reaching temps around 140F when the furnace was running, and an example of poor quality control on the assembly line.

See photo below.

Also the suspension looked like it hadn’t been greased (no visible seepage) and each Zerk took 4 full pumps from the grease gun.

So nothing major... and we’ve towed this trailer about 6,000 miles over the past 8 months, through the mountains across the desert through washes, and hundreds of miles off road.
    It has held up really well and as far as I know nothing has come loose or fallen off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 Reflection 29RS new in Sept.
    Wiring recall no problem
    Storage compartment pan cracked, warranty replaced
    Freezer icing up, found condinsation drain line plugged
    While at dealer to fix these items repair tech replaced 2 slide switches and the ground wire for the 2 slides that quit working while there.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2018 Reflection 315RLTS new and had minor cosmetic issues:

- Trim on bedroom wall was loose towards the top of the wall - used some glue - 2 minutes and it was fixed
    - Awning had a loose connection - found it during PDI. Fixed immediately.
    - Double doors bottom of Kitchen island needed adjustment - Fixed during PDI.

Thankfully, we haven't had any major problems.

My best advice is to talk to the Service manager and look at the reviews for the dealer service center. They will ultimately be the ones that make you feel like you're being taken care of vs getting frustrated if not properly cared for.

My biggest issue is the dirt on my trailer thanks to the Texas weather. I don't think GD can fix that issue
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Reflection 303 purchased May 2017
    Greased brakes repaired under warranty
    issues with tv cable and antenna connection repaired under warranty
    No issues since then.
    Very happy with build quality.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 2019 315RLTS in March of 2018. When it arrived, we had slide toppers installed on the left side. The dealer stated that they could not put them on the slide on the right hand side due to the placement of the awnings. When we took delivery, they replaced a bushing on the kitchen slide, and replaced a tire that had a valve stem leak. We brought the trailer home, loaded it up, and took off for our summer trip. Florida to Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Indiana, New York, Tennessee and back home. only problem was a blown 110 fuse on the refrigerator. While we were in Indiana, we had the opportunity to attend the Grand Design owners rally in Goshen. Fantastic! Don't miss that if you have the time. I have had minor trim issues, that I fixed myself with contact cement. I am blown away by the quality and attention to detail this unit has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2017 Reflection 367BHS was built in July 2016 and we purchased off lot new in August 2016. Only major issue was the rear grease seal failure on all four hubs which I took care of myself and upgraded to self adjusting backing plates/soldered my brake wire connections while doing this. There have been a few other things with trim, etc. that I expected and has been a part of the shakedown process with every RV we have owned. I look things over on the exterior and interior of the rig as part of every trip (we camp around 45-60 nights per year depending on our schedules). Also regular exterior washing (every two or three short trips and after every longer trip depending on driving weather conditions) and the interior is cleaned after each trip. I keep everything with me I need to handle most common maintenance issues.

As far as buying new or used plan to spend a lot of time checking the rig out before you take delivery. With a new unit it gives you the opportunity to have things fixed by the dealer tech before hitting the road. With a pre-owned unit it is important to check it out as some folks just don’t know how to take care of an RV. The last two we have purchased were new as I feel many folks are negligent in the care of RVs. Many are left outside for months on end with no cover, no regular inspection of the roof/sidewall sealants, bearings not repacked regularly, brakes not checked/adjusted, no regular cleaning, tires not replaced regularly, dump valves not lubricated... I could go on and on. For me owning an RV, investing time in proper/regular maintenance and having tools/some level of mechanical ability to take care of issues go hand in hand. If you are not “handy” I feel it would be important to have a trusted mobile RV tech to check the rig out at least two or three times per year depending on storage conditions and amount of use.

Good luck with your purchase and sorry for the maintenance rant. I just hate it when I see units a few years old that are nothing but a rolling pile of trash due to negligence.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast