User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2018 Reflection 297RSTS and had a number of things that needed fixing before we took delivery and then a number after our first 2 week trip to Florida.

· Replace curb side fender skirt. Colour removed by some lubricant dripping down.
    · Remove scratches from island counter or replace counter
    · Replace corroded Aluminum wheels
    · Replace outdoor kitchen stove drawer front for damage.
    · Living room slide gaps at ends when closed, can see through from inside when closed.
    · Kitchen slide weather stripping fell off and needs to be replaced.
    · Replace stove top due to paint chip.
    · Replace rear window shade due to kinks in material causing it not to fold up properly.
    · Awning arms misaligned and not retracting properly. Worked fine at PDI but no screw holding material in place on roller.
    · Awning middle support bracket screw has pulled out at the bottom
    · Fridge not working on propane, works on shore power. Check light comes on when on propane. Worked fine at PDI.
    · Bathroom and living room ceiling strips pulling away from ceiling. Others fixed before delivery.
    · Water hose quick connect at back of trailer is loose.
    · Couch back cushions stitching fraying.
    · Screw on glass stove top keeps loosening as it is stripped. Seemed fixed at PDI.
    · Top screw on Fridge door handle loose and seems stripped.

Also have the curb side equalizer that will not take grease. All others I managed to get grease into.

Trailer is with the dealer right now for repairs. Should get it back mid-Feb so we can go back to Florida for a couple of weeks and get away from winter, at least for a little while.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waukesha1 View Post
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Before using the trailer while in my driveway:
    Front nose and right frame lights mostly burnt out.
    Had to staple on numerous trim in bedroom that fell off with ¾ brads
    Right slide sqeeled and banged in and out. Dealer found insulation jammed in mechanism and tracks
    Right suspension hangers welded on at an angle. Bushings wiped out and repaired.
    Found overspray on various spots on exterior
    Paint has dirt and flaws everywhere and a base coat missed two spots on nose. Unit to be completely redone
    Table extension damaged that I replaced
    Rust on exposed drop frame and slide tubing that I had to touch up.
    Right slide awning has paint on from Precision. New awning sent to me but not installed
    Exterior speaker covered in white paint from Precision Paint
    Front compartment door I had to repair as was nearly impossible to open and close.
    Had to scrape off chunks of urethane off the inside right slide windows (both)
    J trim screws pulled through on right slide.
    Roof cut with knife by Precision Paint ( Repaired)
    Black wood trim on right of fridge down low was beat up by factory nail gun. Temp filled holes myself.
    Left hub assembly missing grease dust cap. ( Installed ) new myself)
    Rear living room window blind and right side bedroom slide window blind both have holes.
    Oven door small deep dent right in center above window
    Under belly sagging down approx. 6 inch’s in front of axles
    After First trip:
    Hardly any water flow from kitchen tap ( Finding supply goes from ½” pex to ¼ “ to tap) This won’t work!
    Drain vales handles for gray and black tanks rusted solid
    Front gray tank leaking everywhere. Had to get fixed in Newport. Service found two piping leaks
    Washer drain pipe leaking. Glued fitting myself that had no glue.
    Rota-flex pin box rubber slid back almost an inch. New pin box shipped and I had to replace
    Second trip:
    Both large slides J trim all wavey and trim between fiberglass and J trim bowing out.
    Left slide hydraulics leaking underneath. Hydraulic fluid everywhere.( I fixed in parking lot in Kamloops)
    More trim falling off inside
    Bedroom floor creeks bad in a spot 2 feet round in front of closet and washer door.
    Screw heads missing on right slide on front outside surface
    Floor in front of island damaged by right slide rubbing on flooring
    Main slide coming out of fixed track first 5 inch’s at rear
    NEW after third camping trip:
    Fiberglass damage from inside out at left side between slide and rear wall. Something coming through like a screw or?
    TV cabinet wood top cracking
    More trim inside falling off.
    Right side storage compartment door hitting bottom. No adjustments to be made.
    Front cap trim coming off under side of nose.
    Most of the lower panel below the rear cabinet above rear couch falling down
    More of the main awning material coming off of trailer.
    A large sunken spot on the roof of the right slide causing water to build and not run off.
    NEW SEP 16/18
    All three inside doors: the finish paper peeling off. The pantry door being the worst.
    Trim falling off above dinette.
    Circuit breaker tripping again on leveling system. Finding on the web a 80 amp is required.
    Appears that you got a lemon. Hopefully GD will repair under warranty your very, very long list. Me, I’d get it fixed and sell it. I don’t think this unit bodes well for long term durability.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Reflection, Build date Sept 2018, Took delivery October 2018. Minor issues corrected at PDI,

The only issue we have had since delivery was the trim on the LR slide grabs with the slide extends and pulled out about 1/2". Corrected myself. Knock on wood, no issues since.

We keep up on preventative maintenance.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

My wife and I have been owners of a Reflection 285 BHTS since July 2018. Our PDI resulted in no immediate service prior to paperwork. My wife and I joked that the walk thru on the trailer should have been this nice the first time (middle of summer and hot) Two issues were minor issues. Two were on a level above minor but not a OMG major issue.

First issue. We got to the campsite to transfer our trailer items into the trailer. As we were talking at the dinette, a piece of trim popped out a bit at the bottom. We got just glued the section back on. had it place with duck tape until it was dry.

Second issue happened during the shake down trip. Kitchen faucet handle broke off. Inconvenient? Yes. Able to be handled without a dealer trip? Yes. I just epoxyed the poor electro welded part. Never had a problem since. This was not GD's fault, dealer or ours. More or less a manufacturer issue. However, my wife and I had no problem.

Third issue. We found the trailer had a leak. We did not find this leak until several weeks of ownership. It was not discovered until we had the trailer in storage which was several weeks after signing papers. We determined the leak was coming from the fridge area. The dealership didn't have an appointment for a couple of weeks and offered a temp solution for the time being. We covered the 2 vents with plastic and removed them when we went to go camping. It as kind of annoying but manageable. We had to cancel our first appointment since we had a planned trip last a little longer. The dealership said no problem. Enjoy the trailer come in the next day after your trip we will inspect and determine if we can turn you around the same day. Guess what? We pulled in. Dropped the trailer. Went inside to let them know we were here. The service writer had a tech go out and inspect the problem. 1.5 hours later we were on the road again. The dealer was animal friendly so our dog was was allowed in the waiting area and got a ton of treats from the staff people including some water. My biggest thing about this issue was not knowing. I found out after the fact. I would have had it done during the PDI or even before it. Also I should not have dealt with it in the first place as Grand Designs should have weatherproofed this area better.

Fourth issue. Mainly once again should have would have. I found my 50 amp panel breaker not in as well as I would like to see it. I did report this direct to GD directly. I said I handled the repair. One lug was over tightened requiring a replacement of the breaker. I would not have found it if I hadn't decided to splurge and purchase an EMS. It would have been years until I would have noticed something like that. Even in my old trailer, I never looked at that stuff since it was always good.

Overall outside those items of concern, it really has been customizing and making it more personal. We are happy with that result.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    October 2018. Towed new unit 30 miles to house. Parked for 30 days while moving stuff into rig. (Sold house). While sweeping leaves off slide, I found a 1” gap in sealant at back right corner of roof. (Resealed myself). November 2018 Towed 22 miles to campground. After 3 weeks leak detected on cold water line at kitchen faucet. (Tightened line). January 2019, gas mode on water heater stopped working. Purchased and installed Dinosaur Electronics controller. (Took me 30 seconds)

We have been very happy and fortunate with our unit. I’m pretty handy and being full-timers, we don’t want to think about towing to a dealer. This forum has been a huge resource of preventative and corrective maintenance info.
    LeAllan and Jessica

2019 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 XL 6.2L 4x4 3.73
    BW 3300 Ford OEM fifth wheel
    Firestone bags

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a deal and wanted it immediately so we could make one Fall trip to Smoky Mts. Not much time for dealer to go over things but we did get to spend time with a tech and a walk thru of the systems. This was our 3rd 5th wheel and I felt like we did not need much help. After arriving home with our new 27 RL Reflection we frantically started packing for our trip. Here is the list of events we experienced.

1. Fresh water tank would not hold one quart of water. There was a bad leak at the dump valve under the trailer and water came out as fast as as it went in. Apparently the factory does not test for leaks and we did not give the dealer time to check things out before delivery so this was partially our fault. Had I give the dealer more time I think he would have pressurized the system and found this. We went ahead on our trip because of our reservations had full hook up to city water. We did not need a holding tank.
    2. A/C in living room area made a horrible loud noise. We could not use it but thankfully the front A/c worked very well and we got by without having 2. I found the problem myself after we got home. A long mounting bolt coming from inside the trailer was protruding into the freon line and had I ran this A/C very long it would have rubbed a hole in the line. All I had to do was push the freon line over with my hand a couple of inches and it was fine.
    3. Fireplace made an irritating noise which I found part of a tie wrap stuck in the blower. Fixed myself.
    4. End of a short season and now I know why my salesman said " take it out for a shakedown and let us know of any problems." Two of the problems I fixed myself but they had to replace my fresh water tank.
    5 Spent the winter on this forum and read about the significant issue with grease seals and oil getting on brake shoes. Took my wheels off to see that my 17 model had this problem. Grand Design sent me complete brake clusters and seals which I replaced myself as a winter project and that was the end of that.
    6. The "stop cup" on the shaft of my slide actually went thru the frame when bringing in the table slide. The hole was cut too large in the frame and the stop cup did not stop the inward movement. Slide made a popping noise when it reached the frame and the slide looked somewhat crooked in the closed position. Dealer took care of this one under warranty and my unit was one year old.
    7. Kitchen faucet leaked so I replaced it with a similar but quality unit from Lowes. The front covers on both doors of the fridge were warped and came out of their moulding on each side. Dealer got new ones and put them on under warranty.

We have made two trips to Colorado / Utah now and no more issues. It seems to be a solid built unit with the problem being no quality control much at the factory. I suppose the dealer is responsible for things and I never gave him any time before delivery. I don't believe any RV is made without requiring some maintenance or a shake down cruise. Our first two 5th wheels were purchased used and we had no major issues with either. We like our Reflection and would purchase another Grand Design product without hesitation. You hear about bad experiences with the WestLake tires but ours have done very well so far. I keep a close watch on tire pressure. However I will replace them this Spring with Goodyear Endurance tires that seem to be getting good reviews.
    Last edited by Likes to tow; 01-20-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2018 Imagine 2600RB new from the dealer. There were a few things that we noticed before purchasing that were taken care of before we picked it up (all cosmetic). We have a full year on it and the only issue I have had is the cold water inlet to the outside shower started leaking. Removed panel, found the leak, corrected myself and we're back on the road. Grand Design seems to do a better job than others when it comes to finishes and mechanicals. Enjoy your rig but as my salesman told me, JUST IN CASE, look for authorized repair dealers in the area where you may be going. Nothing is perfect but Grand Design gets closer than others in the field.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newtrailer.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	17261

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Appears that you got a lemon. Hopefully GD will repair under warranty your very, very long list. Me, I’d get it fixed and sell it. I don’t think this unit bodes well for long term durability.
    And thats why I'd be nervous about buying a used unit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design is a great company who backs their product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I have had 2 fireplaces replaced 1 didn't work and that replacement would not shutoff at temp
    2 grey tank valves replaced
    black tank valve replaced
    new awing arm
    most blub seals replaced
    Replaced all screws in the furnace vent cover
    Greased all wet bolts since factory did not, also changed to Morryde CRE3000
    What was the issue with the valves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast