User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printer/Scanner for RV

Has anyone picked up a compact printer/scanner for their RV? Im looking for something that doesnt take up to much space and is easily stored. Keep needing to print stuff and scan in replies to documents. Any suggestions or links would help. Has to be cheaper in the long run then going to business stores to get this done

Thanks!
    Shawn & Julie
    2018 Reflection 327RST
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 litre Cummins Diesel
    Pullrite Autoslide 16 K with Capture Plate
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing with a regular scanner bed would qualify as "compact." You might have to settle for a rugged compact printer (we use a Canon iP110) and one of the scanners that feeds the paper through rather than one having a full bed.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just buy the cheapest printer/scanner Walmart has at the time (usually less than $40). This time it was a Canon. Ink is a bit pricy. but, really, does it matter what printer? Just shop and buy what you like/need/want.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good advice. On the bottom end, these printer/scanners are so disposable and the replacement cartridges so expensive I consider replacing them when they need ink.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    This is good advice. On the bottom end, these printer/scanners are so disposable and the replacement cartridges so expensive I consider replacing them when they need ink.
    Thats what I was thinking but i was hoping there may be a diamond in the rough that someone came across. Ran across a forum a few years ago that was discusing this topic for people that fulltime and run businesses out of their RV. Of course i cant find that one. Thanks for the responses
    Shawn & Julie
    2018 Reflection 327RST
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 litre Cummins Diesel
    Pullrite Autoslide 16 K with Capture Plate
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The portables we tried were pretty poor. So I bought a nice wireless printer/scanner/fax combo. Busted it up traveling. So I bought a cheap hP inkjet scanner/printer. It has the advantage of all the ports and paper guides folding up so that when in "travel" mode it looks like a little box. Then it gets set down on the floor so it won't fall off of anything. Stupid cheap thing has lasted about 4 years now.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesnt solve the printer portion, but you can use a phone or tablet for scanning documents. I use Adobe Scan which will convert documents to PDF format and works very well. There are others I've used that also work well, just check out reviews and trial and error to see what works best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannon Pixma series tends to be small.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought an HP OfficeJet 4650 for the RV. All-in-one wireless printer. Main functions of this HP OfficeJet 4650 printer include wireless printing, color printing, copy, scan, fax, Apple AirPrint, and two-sided duplex printing. I liked it so much bought another for our vacation house.

It has a decent Scanner with an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder)

I also signed up for HP's Instant Ink plan where they send you ink cartridges for Free. Well it's almost free. The first 15 pages are Free then you are billed $1 each block of 10 pages printed.

They send you a color and Black cartridge to have on hand. When you to change the cartridge when the printer tells you to, they send you another spare cartridge for free.

There are 4 plans to choose from:

FREE PRINTING
    $0.00 a month For up to 15 pages
    Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1.00

OCCASIONAL PRINTING
    $2.99 a month For up to 50 pages
    Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1.00

MODERATE PRINTING
    $4.99 a month For up to 100 pages
    Each additional set of 15 pages for just $1.00

FREQUENT PRINTING
    $9.99 a month For up to 300 pages
    Each additional set of 20 pages for just $1.00
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a portable printer that I take to rallies. None of them are great... (have had a few) but this latest one is pretty good: HP OfficeJet 250

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGD8R5S

It scans (via the paper feeder) and will handle thicker paper and envelopes.

There is a cheaper version of this printer (HP OfficeJet 200 ) without the scanner and if I had to do it again, this is what I would choose. My phone can function as a scanner (camera) and the scanner isn't really needed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGD8T9M

Both of these printers have usb charging and you can print from wifi (send from your phone) or via usb. Best of all they have a battery! A full charge will print many sheets. One thing I appreciate about this printer is that it will continue to print in black even if the colors has run dry. Many simply refuse to print until all cartridges are full. One caveat is heat. If you cook this printer in a hot vehichle it may damage components or clog the jets - true for any printer but worth noting for rvers.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast