User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year, just after I had the Andersen Hitch installed and just as I had the truck and 5er weighted, as I pulled the rig off the weight machine, I turned to sharp and hung the coiled wire in the mount for the release cable . I pulled the safety cable out and locked the brakes. I have remounted the release cable.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    You probably will want to order the 6', like in the photo. I thought the 4' would be ok (that they show online), but in most all cases, it is too short. I returned it for the 6'. Their measurements of length refer to a completely stretched out cable (not practical). It does the job well and stays out of the bed. Hope that saves you a return.
    Jim
    Thanks, the 6' is the one I'll be ordering.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COLRetired View Post
    Thanks for the endorsements. We'd planned on tours of the Naval Air Museum and Light House, will add Oar House Restaurant to the list.

Pete
    Pete--a little OT, but since you mentioned bikes don't miss the Blackwater Heritage Trail in Milton. Fran and I start at the Visitor Center, go to the NAS Whiting Trailhead, and then ride back. (It's almost all downhill coming back!)

https://www.floridastateparks.org/pa...ge-state-trail

Please note that if you decide to go on the NAS Whiting Trailhead that helmets are required.

Boomerang Pizza in Milton is a nice lunch stop after the ride, too. Tight parking, but worth it.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Pete--a little OT, but since you mentioned bikes don't miss the Blackwater Heritage Trail in Milton. Fran and I start at the Visitor Center, go to the NAS Whiting Trailhead, and then ride back. (It's almost all downhill coming back!)

https://www.floridastateparks.org/pa...ge-state-trail

Please note that if you decide to go on the NAS Whiting Trailhead that helmets are required.

Boomerang Pizza in Milton is a nice lunch stop after the ride, too. Tight parking, but worth it.
    Thanks, we'll check it out. I just finished putting the bike and trike back together and we're going riding around here to check out the are this afternoon. High temp today is expected to be 47 (around 1400) so a bit cold, and winds around 14-15 mph. This will be my first ride on the Catrike Road AR (other than trying it out at the bike shop) so I'm excited to give it a spin. I used to ride a lot, though mostly mountain biking/trail riding but my back doesn't like it so much anymore. The recumbent trike should work out well and let me get back on the streets again :-)

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the Breakaway Switch pull out backing into a space in Parker, AZ once. Because I had three greased brakes at that time that I didn't know about, I was able to back into the spot but I knew something was wrong because it didn't move well. Found the problem when I was unhitching.

The interesting thing that I found later is that the Breakaway switch no longer worked. When I was replacing the brakes I pulled the Breakaway switch to test the new brakes and nothing happened. Maybe the switch burned out for being on for 5 minutes or maybe the stock unsealed Breakaway switch got contaminated with water?

I replace the Breakaway switch with one of these sealed units (been using this style on all my trailers and never had a problem): https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Break...9D4ABB35A1ED09

So the moral to the story, CHECK YOUR BREAKAWAY SWITCH and make sure it actually works. I pull the switch sometimes and do a slight pull test with the truck when I test the hitch/pin connection.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    I installed one of these. Attachment 17245
    Thanks, will have to upgrade to this one since the OEM cable got caught too easily on the hitch.
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 F350 CC 4X4 SB
    B&W Companion Slider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12