User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct TV Install, 2019 Solitude

We decided not to spend the bucks for another automatic sat dish (had RF Mogul on previous RV). Since the Solitude 'travel' will be limited to a short trip from our RV site at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach to their storage lot 1/2 mile away, I decided to mount a dish on the ladder. The SL3 SWM dish complete with J mount and SWM LNB was only $65 from Solid Signal. I fabricated a bracket of sorts using treated 2x2" lumber to attach the J mount to the ladder with U bolts. I had already done the connections inside the coach for the two DTV receivers and installed the SWM splitter in the wet bay. Dish assembly, set up and aiming took about one hour. When we leave the coach to be taken to storage, I plan to leave the dish on the ladder and just rotate it toward the back of the coach.

We have a HR54 DVR receiver with 8 tuners and one HR20 receiver so we have whole coach DVR capability just like at home. We bring the receivers from home.

Works like a charm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTVInstall.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	17251
    Last edited by KirbyRVA; 01-19-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That work if you park the back facing south every time, and the coach is perfectly level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    That work if you park the back facing south every time, and the coach is perfectly level.
    Well that is surely true. Turns out all of the 800 or so RV sites here are oriented the same so every RV's backside is facing south (unless you pull into your site backwards). Sites are nearly level (most are concrete pads) but with the auto level system on the rig, level it will be. Elevation and skew won't change so all I may need to tweak is azimuth depending on the site.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]