Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS 19RLE pricing help

Hi,

We are new to RVs and are looking at an XLS 19RLE at a large RV show. The sales guys can smell our inexperience and basically are not moving off the 'show price' listed on the unit.

Is that typical? We really thought going in that the deals would be much below those displayed prices. We're not looking to get it for free, but didn't expect the cold shoulder either when we inquired about a lower price.

They had this one listed at 21k.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Most people consider 25-30% off MSRP to be a reasonable price for a current model year RV - in this case a 2019. More than 30% off MSRP for a 2019 would be a very good deal. It looks like MSRP for this model is $27,499 and there doesn't appear to be any options available - at least not according to the Grand Design build and price page on their website. Soooo, they are discounting it about 24% at their asking price of $21,000. That's not a bad deal. Not great but not bad.
    Last edited by bertschb; 01-19-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texted with the sales guy and he wouldn't budge. Pretty surprised. One day left of the show, so who knows, maybe he will make a better offer tomorrow. Tend to doubt it though.

A shame. lol, my wife is upset. She really expected to be able to deal instead of just sticker shop. Have to admit, I am surprised too. Kinda thought that was the whole purpose of the show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    It has been my experience that show prices are 10% to 15% higher than you can get from a dealer any day of the week. Late on the last day of a show is your best chance to get your best deal.

YMV,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dilemma now might be that he knows you want it. Back off and wait a few weeks or try another dealer. If you live in the snow belt you probably will not use till spring anyhow.

Brian

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price looks to be OK. According to seedealercost.com invoice is $19,591

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_T View Post
    Hi,

We are new to RVs and are looking at an XLS 19RLE at a large RV show. The sales guys can smell our inexperience and basically are not moving off the 'show price' listed on the unit.

Is that typical? We really thought going in that the deals would be much below those displayed prices. We're not looking to get it for free, but didn't expect the cold shoulder either when we inquired about a lower price.

They had this one listed at 21k.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
    Since you mentioned that you are newer and want to make an informed decision... If you haven't already done so, I would be sure to ask about back end fees. Unfortunately a lot of dealers are charging doc, title, prep, destination fees that can really add up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

Sales guy ended up texting us today, asking if we were coming back to the show for a great deal. We replied asking what the great new deal was and he replied with the same thing on the show sticker.

We replied and wished him good luck today.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's not that great of deal or he would've already sold it and be asking if he could order you one

Regards,
    Kevin
    PS: Good job hold your ground.
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am probably way off in my thinking , but here goes anyway. I would think the dealer not only wants a certain % markup , but also needs a certain $ amount of gross profit per unit. It follows then that they can discount a higher priced unit a somewhat larger percentage than a lower priced one and still maintain a net profit that will allow them to continue operating.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast