User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One satellite receiver same programming to 2 tv's

Is the cabling system in our 2018 Momentum 328M capable of using one Wally receiver to send the same program to 2 tv's, the one in the main living space and the one in the bedroom, without adding additional cables or drilling holes in the wall? If so, please explain how it's done. We are not electronics/wiring experts and just can't seem to figure this one out! Thanks in advance for any information.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this has come up before. You could use an HDMI splitter and feed one output to the main TV and another output to a wireless HDMI device to send it to a second TV.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lord help me..lol I was an installer for dish for a number of years but for the life of me I can't remember if a Wally has a coax output on the back of the receiver?? If it does and your main tv is connected to the Wally via hdmi then you definitely can run the bedroom (or outside tv) through existing RV cables. I've done numerous installs in RVs and they are infamous for crappy cable ends and imporoperly inserted in the cable, I always tried to change them if accessible. It may not be an easy task figuring out the spaghetti mess behind the wall plates, if you have access to a cable toner it may make things easier.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I think this has come up before. You could use an HDMI splitter and feed one output to the main TV and another output to a wireless HDMI device to send it to a second TV.
    While I can not speak specifically for the exact model receiver mentioned, in general most receivers (through HDCP content protection) will not allow a signal to pass to more then one TV/monitor via HDMI. They specifically block this so that bar owners (among others) cant send the "game" to multiple sets. The sat/cable companies want them to purchase a set-top box or receiver for every TV. YMMV.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Coach has 3 TVs one in the bedroom that requires a separate Wally. But the Wally in the living room runs both the inside TV and the outside TV off one Wally but of course, you have to watch the same channel. I have no idea how it's wired since the coach came with it already wired. We tried to use a cheap wireless HDMI switch but it would work in the same room but wouldn't work in the bedroom TV.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had Dish installed at my house. The new Hopper 3 will transmit to a Joey for the 2nd TV through a wireless transmitter. One time cost of $50 for the Hopper 3 and $25 for the wireless Joey. After that, it's the standard $7/month for each receiver. I plan to move this whole setup to my 313RLTS when I go back north in April.

Talked to Dish tech support to find out what kind of dome antenna to buy for my camper. Answer = the Hopper 3 is not compatible with any of the RV type antennas that get their 12 volt power through the coax. I did find the compatible standard dish from Solid Signal for $95 and another $25 for the tripod. I don't move my camper after it's set up, so this system will work for me. I just have to re-learn to aim the satellite dish like I used to in 2005.
    Last edited by Bill Davey; 01-21-2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: additional info about the antenna
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can purchase an additional Wally and watch tv in the other room. You are limited to watching stations that are only on the satellite that the primary Wally is watching. They charge an additional $7/month for the 2nd Wally.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg