User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    Jerry, it was Lippert team at the rally who installed the Kodiak brakes. I need to look at the receipt to see if they also did the bearings at the time they did my brakes. If so, that would mean I don’t have to have bearing service until August and I will be in Elkhart area then. Glad I am asking here!
    Your bearings had to have been packed and installed when they did the disc brake conversion, so should be good until August
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you just save me a service call and trying to find a tech in this remote area. I will get the service done in Elkhart, I will check to see if Lippert can do this or schedule it at Mor ryde. Thank you so much!
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert installed my brakes at the Indiana rally last year. I thought the bearings where for the axles.....the brand is Kodiak they had a rally special
    Beachcamper - I think there is some confusion here. The LCI techs typically service only OE LCI stuff. LCI doesn't make or sell disc brake systems. Installing the hydraulic system to power the disc brakes is a fairly involved process.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Beachcamper - I think there is some confusion here. The LCI techs typically service only OE LCI stuff. LCI doesn't make or sell disc brake systems. Installing the hydraulic system to power the disc brakes is a fairly involved process.

Rob
    Apparently they also do disc brake installs because that is what I got from them. It was not cheap. They installed Kodiak brakes and Hydrastar hydraulic brake actuator for $2100 at the Elkhart rally. A few of the other reflections near me also got the rally special.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they also do disc brake installs because that is what I got from them. It was not cheap. They installed Kodiak brakes and Hydrastar hydraulic brake actuator for $2100 at the Elkhart rally. A few of the other reflections near me also got the rally special.
    $2100 is actually a very good price! The parts alone are about $1800. I was not aware that the LCI techs were in this business. Did you arrange this through GDRV or directly with LCI?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    $2100 is actually a very good price! The parts alone are about $1800. I was not aware that the LCI techs were in this business. Did you arrange this through GDRV or directly with LCI?

Rob
    Rob, I had no plans to get disc brakes. Mind you, this was my maiden voyage and I was very frightened to tow this huge RV. I have never owned a truck in my entire life or towed an RV but I met my fear head on. As I left our RV resort in Florida I was flagged by a a good Samaritan that told me my tires were smoking After pulling over and much panic, it appeared the emergency brake cable got caught and was pulled accidentally. A few tries with the brakes down a few roads and it appeared I could stop the rig so I continued north. Thank god I bought a one ton diesel with exhaust brakes!

When I got to the rally I had brake service scheduled and the guy doing the service basically said “call Lippert over, you have no brakes”. Lippert came over and offered to replace my electric brakes FREE of charge knowing I was at fault. My rally neighbor told me to see if they would upgrade to disc as they were offering this service at the rally. Sure enough, it was a good deal and they did a nice install. But I did not ask the right questions apparently as I did not realize the bearings were supposed to be part of the install.

And that is how Lippert installed disc brakes on my 303
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123