Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tv mount

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tv mount

I have a 2017 rlts. what type of tv mount would you recommend in the bedroom. The vertical mounting holes are 4.5 inches apart.
    Another question. Inside the front storage compartment there is a red plastic plate with a red key. any help apreciated

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help with the tv mount, but the red key is your battery disconnect switch. Keep in mind it most likely wont disconnect all loads. Radio memory, propane detector, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really am very new. Battery disconnect is for what. Thanks for your help

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, not storing camper leave key in,

storing camper for more than a week unplug

driving down the road should I plug or unplug

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been very pleased with this MORyde TV mount in my 303. I used rivet nuts to mount. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ie=UTF8&psc=1"
    Last edited by geonpay; 01-22-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 2500 HD
    2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS

Ride Rite AirBags (wireless)
    Pullrite Superglide 2700
    Rotoflex Pin Box
    Auburn, WA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we went with the VideoSecu ML531BE for our master bedroom tv mount. Before you mount the bracket, join the forum and search for post about mounting the tv in the master bedroom. Just a short summary, the sticker does not really mean that the backing plate is where the sticker is. Many post on how to find the backing plate.

The red plastic plate is for disconnecting the battery during storage. It disconnects the lights, AC, vent fans, heater fans, tv, radio and motion detector lights. It does not disconnect your observation camera (unless it has been wired to the running lights), CO2 warning sensor or anything else that is wired directly from the battery. It is there as a backup incase you leave an interior light, fan, radio, etc. on. When we are leaving the 5th wheel in storage for a month or so, I disconnect the negative terminal of the battery as well as pull the key out.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTHURK View Post
    I have a 2017 rlts. what type of tv mount would you recommend in the bedroom. The vertical mounting holes are 4.5 inches apart.
    Another question. Inside the front storage compartment there is a red plastic plate with a red key. any help apreciated
    Arthur, I'm assuming you have the 315RLTS travel trailer, same as mine. I used this mount
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I didn't see the need for an articulating mount since the dedicated TV space is directly opposite the bed. It's very secure, I leave the TV mounted while traveling. Easy to take off if desired and fits tight to the wall. I think I used a 24 inch. 32inch is just too big, doesn't fit between the cabinet doors.

The red switch is a battery disconnect but it doesn't actually remove all loads on the battery. Even if you turn it to off your battery will die in a few days if you don't have it connected to shore power. Always have it on when traveling.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use small magnets to determine the location of the metal backing to attach your tv mount to. Home Depot or Lowes stocks the magnets.
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 2500 HD
    2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS

Ride Rite AirBags (wireless)
    Pullrite Superglide 2700
    Rotoflex Pin Box
    Auburn, WA

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geonpay View Post
    Use small magnets to determine the location of the metal backing to attach your tv mount to. Home Depot or Lowes stocks the magnets.
    If he has the 315RLTS magnets won't help. The backer is made of plywood. The TV mounts on the face of a cabinet, not an exterior wall. The OP says he has an RLTS, pretty sure the 315RLTS TT is the only GDRV product using RLTS.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTHURK View Post
    I really am very new. Battery disconnect is for what. Thanks for your help
    I hope this doesn't come across as condenscending--not my intent. With that said, I urge you to spend some quality time with your owner's manual. If you don't have a hard copy, you can download a PDF here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

(The battery disconnect info is on page 84.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast