User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 315RLTS! We have the 2018 315 RLTS and love it. As Cheifblueman mentioned above watch your tongue weight. Ours is right at 1440.

This floor plan is popular but its one long TT so make sure you get the proper WDH for the overall weight and tongue weight.

Cheers!
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Chief for the information. We are definitely investing in a tow gear upgrade. I have been looking at the Blue Ox and a Reese trunnion bar rig. I really liked the Equalizer hitch I had on the old TT. But they only go up to 14K. I have a Class V receiver on my 2015 GMC 2500HD All Terrain.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
    Thank you, Chief for the information. We are definitely investing in a tow gear upgrade. I have been looking at the Blue Ox and a Reese trunnion bar rig. I really liked the Equalizer hitch I had on the old TT. But they only go up to 14K. I have a Class V receiver on my 2015 GMC 2500HD All Terrain.
    Sounds like you're good to go!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Mike and Nancy: Welcome and you'll enjoy your 315 the more you use it, especially if you are retired. Lots of great people here with excellent advice.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I was on the fence between the 315 and the 337 when I bought this.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard!! We picked ours up 2 weeks ago and will be full time in it come this spring. If Marc and Trish can do it, we can too!!!!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. I picked up mine in late October and was only able to dry camp for two nights before going into storage. Can't wait for spring!
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took a cursory "look" at one of those (same model/year) yesterday... didn't get to look inside as it was locked up on the dealership lot, but we didn't have a lot of time anyway. Spent last evening doing a lot of downloading and reading up on this. The good news is that we are not in a hurry, as we already have a (FR) V-Lite 30-footer that has been great so far. We are, however looking at what could well be the next logical step, and are liking what we see and read about the 315RLTS. The sale price is obviously more than we paid for our V-Lite, but the GD is a far more (i.e., light years) advanced unit with more usable space and weight capacity. I guess the pre-planning has begun... if we view the interior of one, our budget may need some serious readjustment.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit1 View Post
    ...with more usable space and weight capacity.
    Don't get me wrong--Fran and I really like our 315RLTS. Usable space, yes. Weight capacity, no. Put the second air conditioner on the front, put in a washer and dryer (it's made for them, right?) and you're quickly under 1K of payload left before reaching the trailer's 10,995 GVWR. As many other 315RLTS owners have lamented, this trailer should have a 12K GVWR.

I hope this doesn't dampen your enthusiasm for the trailer--again, we really like ours! My purpose is to ensure you go in with "eyes wide open" and understand it's limitations.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hi Big Myke - I'm a fellow 315RLTS owner for a couple of years now. The bedroom is one of the features that helped us decide on the 315. I personally really like the wardrobe and 3 drawers next to the bed. My own space on my side of the bed and room enough for both of us to get dressed at the same time if we want.

I don't know what you're towing with or what hitch you're using. Be aware that it is easy to exceed 1400 lbs tongue weight with this trailer. Pay no attention to the unloaded tongue weight provided by Grand Design. I've seen folks post tongue weights 1700 lbs or more, depending on how the trailer is loaded. I run somewhere between 1400 and 1500 lbs. I'd recommend using a 2-1/2 inch shank on the hitch. I use the Blue Ox 2000 lb hitch with 2-1/2 inch shank and couldn't be happier. Also, check the rating of the hitch on your tow vehicle to make sure it is rated for the weight. Class V is what you want.

She's a big 'un but oh so nice to "camp" in. Spend the 12 bucks to join here, it's the best dollar a month you'll ever spend!
    Couldn't have said it any differently.

- Watch your tongue weight (Like Chiefblueman my tongue weight ranges between 1400-1500 lbs).
    - Get a WDH that supports that tongue weight (I have the Reese Duel cam WDH)
    - Get a Class V hitch (Had to replace the factory hitch from FORD to a class V).
    - Have fun!
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12