User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 gmc hd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    All marketing fun and hype ! When the important towing numbers are released that will be real world important stuff.

It interesting that you can actually see black tire marks from the rear and front tires when starting the pull which would make sense with the weight advertised.

Dan
    Yeah but they put it in a video and someone will try it. Sure total weight might be that but actual pull on flat ground with wheels is way less. I too saw the tire tracks but it makes sense that truck us pulling harder/faster then travel lift is going, there aren't built for speed

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like the GMC look much better than the Silverado!

So now that we've seen some numbers from the Ram and GM model HDs, where do you think Ford will go? Do they try and top the 1,000 ft lb mark or 35,100 lb tow capacity? We all know that numbers are out there for bragging rights. Most truck buyers seem brand loyal so do the numbers even matter? Curious what you guys/gals think.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I definitely like the GMC look much better than the Silverado!

So now that we've seen some numbers from the Ram and GM model HDs, where do you think Ford will go? Do they try and top the 1,000 ft lb mark or 35,100 lb tow capacity? We all know that numbers are out there for bragging rights. Most truck buyers seem brand loyal so do the numbers even matter? Curious what you guys/gals think.
    I'm not brand loyal. I'd buy a GMC in a second. Might take a bit of convincing to buy a RAM. So far, the Ford (for me) had the best combination of features.

The torque and horsepower in the SuperDuty is more than enough. To tempt me they'd have to address the payload numbers, include a built-in air suspension, (like the Ram 1500), enable (at least) the rear cameras while moving, and add wireless camera capability (how about up to 5?) to the Ultimate Tow Camera system. A locking fuel door would be nice, too. And the option to select the default camera view in Sync! (grrrr.....)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I'm not brand loyal. I'd buy a GMC in a second. Might take a bit of convincing to buy a RAM. So far, the Ford (for me) had the best combination of features.

The torque and horsepower in the SuperDuty is more than enough. To tempt me they'd have to address the payload numbers, include a built-in air suspension, (like the Ram 1500), enable (at least) the rear cameras while moving, and add wireless camera capability (how about up to 5?) to the Ultimate Tow Camera system. A locking fuel door would be nice, too. And the option to select the default camera view in Sync! (grrrr.....)
    You can change some of that with forscan.

As for locking fuel door, could always get a locking cap instead.
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Most truck buyers seem brand loyal so do the numbers even matter? Curious what you guys/gals think.
    Well you've pegged me. You couldn't put me in a Ford or a Dodge no matter how much they could pull especially since they all pull way more than I would ever need.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    You can change some of that with forscan.

As for locking fuel door, could always get a locking cap instead.
    Not the default camera view (unfortunately). I've looked at every entry in the Forscan software and googled extensively. To enable the cameras I had to buy a Naviks harness. (I have a thread posted with a review. It works but it is not ideal. $$$$$, too.)

If you know something I don't let me know!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Still short on specs but much better then the Chevy

https://s.gmc.com/78awl
    What specification are they short on?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned vehicles from Ford, Chrysler and GM. Early on it was GM. Got tired of the same plastic wood interiors and relatively boring style. Switched to Chrysler for something different and the features they offered. Then intermixed some Ford products. All vehicles were a mix of cars, SUVs and trucks. I found I liked the seating in my Silverado and the Ford SUVs but that's about where it ended. Towing capacity and fuel efficiency lacked in my Ford SUVs. I'm also not a fan of the Sync system. I really like the Uconnect system in the 4 Chrysler vehicles I've owned. The biggest knock on the Chrysler products were the seats. I find them very stiff. The new 1500s and HDs have addressed that now. I've sat in the 1500s but obviously not the new HDs but they look the same to me.

I really like the new Rams and the GMC. We will have to see what Ford does. I may be looking to buy in 2-3 years.
    Last edited by jasonl78; 01-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    What specification are they short on?
    Short on Spec details. Payload, gcwr, actual towing (“in excess of” doesn’t really cut it), etc. I’m sure they be coming soon.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Short on Spec details. Payload, gcwr, actual towing (“in excess of” doesn’t really cut it), etc. I’m sure they be coming soon.
    Ok got it. Short on details. They are still selling the sizzle most likely before serving the steak.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast