User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frozen fill line?

My husband and I own a 2018 Solitude 373 fb. We currently have it parked on our property in northern CO. We winterized it before we left it last time about two months ago by putting antifreeze in the lines like we have other times. When we got to our camper tonight, we hooked up our hose and turned on the well pump to use the power fill feature to fill our tank; however, absolutely NO water will go into the fresh water tank. It’s in the 20’s here and we’re wondering if even though we winterized it properly, maybe there’s something frozen somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on anywhere to look for a problem or something to try? Any help anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMooses View Post
    My husband and I own a 2018 Solitude 373 fb. We currently have it parked on our property in northern CO. We winterized it before we left it last time about two months ago by putting antifreeze in the lines like we have other times. When we got to our camper tonight, we hooked up our hose and turned on the well pump to use the power fill feature to fill our tank; however, absolutely NO water will go into the fresh water tank. It’s in the 20’s here and we’re wondering if even though we winterized it properly, maybe there’s something frozen somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on anywhere to look for a problem or something to try? Any help anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated!!
    I am not familiar with the Solitude's plumbing so I can't help with your specific issue. I did note, however, that this is your first post so I want to welcome you to forum! Someone with a similar unit or experience with the issue will be along soon to give some advice.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, hello and welcome to the forums.

Second, the furnace is next to the Nautilus water panel and blows some heat into that area. Running your furnace will heat up the trailer and hopefully thaw out any blockages. You can also try putting a small electric heater in the basement area and also turning on the tank heaters (should be switches for each tank on your main control panel inside the trailer). make sure you have water flow through the supply hose (disconnect it from the trailer and verify you have water flowing through it. Double check all of your valves are set to "power fill". If you have the valves set to "city water" can you get any water to flow through the faucets? That would verify you have water into and through the trailer. One other thing you can try is reverse the screen washer (so the cone is pointed in not out) inside the water connection on the Nautilus panel. This will defeat the check valve and may allow water to flow easier. Note: That the anti-freeze will freeze into a slush that should not cause any damage (from expansion) but may cause blockage, but I do not know at what temperature it starts freezing.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMooses View Post
    TwoMooses - It is quite possible that the line from the water control panel to the fresh water tank had water left in it. This one line is used in both directions . . . to fill the tank . . . and to feed the on-board pump. You have a Nautilus system (that I am not completely familiar with) but on my Kantleak system, I have to remember to "blip open" the Fresh Tank Access valve to make sure there is antifreeze in this line to the tank.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS