User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan to have it in the driveway for 3 days and do not want to put the slide outs out. Can I run the furnace with the slide outs in?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    I plan to have it in the driveway for 3 days and do not want to put the slide outs out. Can I run the furnace with the slide outs in?
    Andy+Mo - On the 303, you can run the furnace with the slides in. None of the outlets or the return air openings are blocked by the slides. (We have done this many times)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob - I thought that might be the case but was looking for confirmation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my first 5th wheel I went the air route blowing out plumbing. My surprise was that most of the air was out, but I didn't think about the p-traps, and the mixing areas in the faucets. All of those froze and I spent a lot of time cussing myself out. I got lucky in that the pump didn't crack or leak, and for some reason the lines didn't either, but both faucets and p-traps were trashed.
    As many others have said, the antifreeze is cheap, and with the panel it makes it super easy. The few minutes spent adding it and flushing it are well worth it when considering the time spent fixing all the plumbing and the collateral work to get to it. Lets not mention the time cussing yourself out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I pumped the anti-freeze through no problem. Should be good now. I have it in the driveway and it is -8 here in Cleveland. I have been running the furnace with the therms set at 55. This morning my driver side propane tank was indicating empty so I flipped the lever and the indicator went to green to show the propane from the other tank is still at a decent level. When I popped out the empty tank it still felt like it had a gallon at least in there. Took it to a fill station and it took about 3.9 gals. I am hoping the propane is flowing okay to the furnace with the cold temps. We leave Friday and I have today and tomorrow of deep freeze - Ugh!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be odd man out here. I blow out my lines with compressed air and have done so for many years. Kind of like blowing out sprinklers, I do that too. You have to be methodical, open every faucet, outside faucets, drain water heater, blow out the fresh water fill lines and city water lines, repeat. The only times I have had issues is when I wasn't thorough. The only reason I use the blow out method, is because I don't like the anti freeze residue in my water lines and sometimes we will take off in the middle of winter like we did two weeks ago. I always travel with full water tanks and heater turned on during the winter. Traveling with a 5th wheel can be interesting when it is below 0 on the road. Memory foam toppers aren't too comfy when you don't let the inside of the trailer stay warm enough either. Ask me how I know that, LOL
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12