User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leon, it certainly is great that you believe that the Endurance tire is so perfect. My belief is that they are a good tire, but not quite the Superman you are describing. When you hit that bad chuckhole or piece of leaf spring in the road, they will be done. Maybe not as quickly as some other tires, but still done! And when you state they are exceeding the requirements of any trailer manufacturer, I am not impressed, because Westlakes and other globally sourced brands meet or exceed those requirements also. Maintenance is still critical on Goodyears also, because if they are run low on air pressure or subject to misalignment, they will blow out or wear unevenly. I do remember that Goodyear had a G series truck/RV tire that was misapplied and had a high failure rate that instigated a lawsuit. But maybe this company has compensated you well to present these "facts". Take care!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, makes me wonder if this is the forum for me if we get this from the 4 star site sponsor. "maybe this company has compensated you well to present these "facts". Do have some proof of this accusation? Well I have wasted 12 bucks on less.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Richardson View Post
    Huh, makes me wonder if this is the forum for me if we get this from the 4 star site sponsor. "maybe this company has compensated you well to present these "facts". Do have some proof of this accusation? Well I have wasted 12 bucks on less.
    Clay - I don't see an "accusation" that needs proof. I see a perspective that is every bit as valid as the one that thinks Endurance tires are the best trailer tires ever made. This forum is built on allowing members to express their different opinions.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clay, please don't evaluate the worth of this forum based on my response to a gentleman who is highly enthused about a certain product. The point I am making is that it is not totally indestructible and subject to the conditions encountered on our awesome highway system, as well as the care it receives. I was attempting to be humorous with the company support assertion, I apologize for missing the mark.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, as long as I say "maybe" I can say what I like. <Text deleted by Moderator Howard.> Am I right in my thinking, just making sure.
    Last edited by howson; 01-26-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    Leon, it certainly is great that you believe that the Endurance tire is so perfect. My belief is that they are a good tire, but not quite the Superman you are describing. When you hit that bad chuckhole or piece of leaf spring in the road, they will be done. Maybe not as quickly as some other tires, but still done! And when you state they are exceeding the requirements of any trailer manufacturer, I am not impressed, because Westlakes and other globally sourced brands meet or exceed those requirements also. Maintenance is still critical on Goodyears also, because if they are run low on air pressure or subject to misalignment, they will blow out or wear unevenly. I do remember that Goodyear had a G series truck/RV tire that was misapplied and had a high failure rate that instigated a lawsuit. But maybe this company has compensated you well to present these "facts". Take care!
    Any tire can be damaged but time will tell if the Endurance tires start throwing off their treads. I dumped my Westlakes and am glad I did.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I made a big deal of it. Just so happened I just got 5 GY Endurance and bearings installed, I was sitting writing a post with some nice pics of it all when I read this. It made me stop because I would hate to have my integrity questioned because I like my new tires. Nothing more from me on this subject.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Gravelle - my post was completely in jest. It was so over the top I thought it was obvious and didn't put a disclaimer in there. Not paid by Goodyear or anyone else, no interest in any company.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is meant in jest just in case anyone wants to know...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAlong.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	17384
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is no longer providing any meaningful input to the forum. Thread is closed. PM me if there are any questions.

-Moderator Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12