User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater Duct Issues

We don't use our heater very often since we are in Texas . But with a two week stint in 337RLS we turned it on and it was weak. I went in the cabinet drawer and peered in to find the main duct disconnected (see the pic). We most likely are taking the rig back to our dealer for Warranty repair but was just checking if there was a quick fix for this. I couldn't figure out how to get in and being a big guy, could I do it myself.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heater vent.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	17355
    2018 337RLS
    2018 GMC Denal 3500 SRW short bed
    PUllrite Superglide 2700 16k

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete717 - This has been found and reported so many times on this forum that it is really frustrating . It seems that they tape the ductwork connection into place and then are supposed to drive a couple of sheet metal screws to keep it there . . . but, this last step repeatedly gets missed. If you can get the connection back into place, adding a couple of sheet metal screws is the “permanent” solution.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete,

As Rob said, not uncommon.

Here’s my 337RLS, With hose falling off and after reattached with sheet metal screws and lots more metal tape.

Last edited by Jerryr; 01-24-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I found the same thing, a month after warranty was up. The dealer charged $300 to re -attach. I could have done it in 1/2 hour but the shop removed the total bulkhead. Fortunately, Grand Designed honored the warranty.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. What is the best way to get in there?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete717 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. What is the best way to get in there?
    The aft wall of the pass through storage area is an access panel for many utilities like the plumbing, water pump, converter, etc. This wall panel is held in place by a few screws down each side. Once you have removed this wall (you will have to empty the pass through storage first) you will have access to the disconnected ductwork.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was able to remove the bulkhead, tape the duct up while anchoring with sheet metal screws, then used silver heating duct tape. All in took about an hour and saved a trip to the dealership. Thanks for the advice and guidance.