User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerbuilt All-In-One Lift Jack: Need case/storage ideas

Anticipating my first bearing maintenance (after the next trip) I purchased a set of the Powerbuilt all-in-one lift jacks. I bought them based on @Rob's post and the weight of my trailer (no need for greater than 3-Ton jacks). Rob's post is here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Off-the-Tires

In this thread I am asking for those of you that have one of these (or similar) jacks to share how you store them. Ideally I'd like a a hard-sided case so I can take two of them with me in the truck, but any and all ideas are welcome.

TIA!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same jack, only one for now, it just rides in a large tool box in the truck. It will be interesting to see what others are using.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard
    I have been truck tool box shopping and have numerous types and style of boxes. Its possible that you could find an aluminum box that may fit between your bike lift and the bedside that could hold these jacks. If you get a pair you could put your air compressor in the other one and keep it out of the weather and prying eyes.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Howard
    I have been truck tool box shopping and have numerous types and style of boxes. Its possible that you could find an aluminum box that may fit between your bike lift and the bedside that could hold these jacks. If you get a pair you could put your air compressor in the other one and keep it out of the weather and prying eyes.

Brian
    EXACTLY what I was thinking! I was hoping to "steal" someone else's idea/implementation.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my current idea. OK, I know this looks funny.
    I'm just trying to stop my cold metal tools from condensing the abundant moist Houston air overnight & rusting the tools.
    IRIS USA, Inc. Remington 82 Quart WEATHERTIGHT Storage Box, Store-It-All Utility Tote, Black + 3/4" foam insulation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3318.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	17379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3319.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	17380
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a Stanley Box that fits two near perfectly!

Not terribly exciting, but thought I'd pass along this minor mod.

I found a Stanley Essential Chest at Walmart for my PowerBuilt jacks. Two jacks fit nearly perfectly inside of the box. As a bonus the box has a retractable handle and wheels to ease transport of the jacks.

1. The handle extended.
    2. The label on the box.
    3. Shows how the jacks fit nearly perfectly vertically.
    4. They also fit horizontally, with the bases overlapping just a smidge.
    5. I wrapped the jacks in an old moving blanket to keep them from clanging against each other during transport.
    6. One more blanket on top and the two jacks are nice and snug.

Ready for use or transport when needed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Anticipating my first bearing maintenance (after the next trip) I purchased a set of the Powerbuilt all-in-one lift jacks. I bought them based on @Rob's post and the weight of my trailer (no need for greater than 3-Ton jacks). Rob's post is here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Off-the-Tires

In this thread I am asking for those of you that have one of these (or similar) jacks to share how you store them. Ideally I'd like a a hard-sided case so I can take two of them with me in the truck, but any and all ideas are welcome.

TIA!
    Just got our Reflection 3 weeks ago. We haven't taken our first trip. Most likely can't until mid-April. What literature should I be looking at concerning off-the-wheels storage? I've been reading everything I was given like a fiend and haven't come across that yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
    Just got our Reflection 3 weeks ago. We haven't taken our first trip. Most likely can't until mid-April. What literature should I be looking at concerning off-the-wheels storage? I've been reading everything I was given like a fiend and haven't come across that yet.
    I hope I understand your question.

The link in my previous post is a thread (https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Off-the-Tires) started by Rob (@Cate&Rob). The first post in his thread has a PDF attachment. It is the most detailed example I've read on how to store a trailer with weight off the wheels.

If I misunderstood let me know!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dang it - here we go again. More money going out. This gadget addition will be the ....well I would rather not say. I see the men in wight outside with a new coat for me
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
    Just my 2 cents here, I do not store my trailer off the ground. It only sits still the longest thru the winter. For me the jacks in this post are great for wheel changes and axel maintenance , bearings and brakes. Also great for on the road work that we all would rather not do.

If you are going to store a long time , maybe a year or more , then maybe its a good idea to use these at all 4 wheels.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast