User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeries1963 View Post
    Yes we have had the breaker hooked up without water in tank
    I don't know which brand water heater you have.
    There's a good troubleshooting guide for Suburban heaters: google Water Heater Troubleshooting & Repair (Sububan).
    I always have trouble finding it on their site https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/
    Last edited by gbkims; 01-26-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling - laptop keyboard is failing
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I am not familiar with the layout of your Momentum, but the electric side of the water heater plugs into a regular 120V outlet. This is often under a drawer or inside a cabinet near the water heater. When the water system is winterized, many technicians will unplug the water heater to make sure that it is not turned on without water in it. This can burn out the electric heating element . . . which might be the case with reference to posts 2 & 7.

Rob
    Great information-Thank you

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I don' now which brand water heater you have.
    There's a good troubleshooting guide for Suburban heaters: google Water Heater Troubleshooting & Repair (Sububan).
    I always have trouble finding it on their site https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/
    Thank you I will keep this information

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 395 the heater is behind a false wall in the storage area. Free screws will take that down. There is a plug on the floor there where the heater plugs in. Check the outlet for power and then go from there working your way to the control board to see where it fails.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    On our 395 the heater is behind a false wall in the storage area. Free screws will take that down. There is a plug on the floor there where the heater plugs in. Check the outlet for power and then go from there working your way to the control board to see where it fails.
    Thank you I’ll let my husband know

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Some water heaters have a toggle switch on the heater itself to turn on the electric portion (I'm not referring to the switch to turn on the electric side that is located on your One Control or switch panel, whichever setup you have). Also, some water heaters have two reset buttons on the front of the water heater.
    Thank you for this information- our momentum is a 396 but perhaps they are the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeries1963 View Post
    Electric hot water heater doesn’t work in our 2017 momentum. It works off propane but not electricity . Does anyone know what the problem is?
    I can't remember if this affects both electric and propane but there's a small fuse on our heater. It blew and we had no hot water.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12