User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It's not "probably" on the throttling on the post-paid plan - it's "will." The post-paid is not truly an unlimited plan.

Rob
    Ditto on what Rob said. My friend indicated that his plan $69 plan has NO throttling, and as they are Full Timers like we are they're often in areas with poor to no internet or TV access.

As an aside I ran into not being able to get a reliable signal this past year in Montana and Idaho, so bought a WeBoost cell extender system. It took me from 1 bar to full signal strength and made us able to stream Netflix, etc. Having a hotspot is no assurance you'll be able to get a good enough signal to do more than talk/text. YMMV.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket is owned by at&t and is a mvno

I use them because of the cost of their family plans being nearly unbeatable and the fact in 2 years plus of using 100 to 300gb a month, including in Canada, I've never heard anything from them nor have they slowed me down.

I use PDA net + to connect via USB or wifi to share the connection. This program masks TTL and obscures data so the provider isn't sure what you're doing. This means that they won't know it's a Roku connecting, tablet, ps4 or your phone.

Costs me 37.50 for uncapped, unlimited on their extra plan. If you don't have a family plan you can join one on cricketgroups on Reddit for actual costs. Saves everyone lots.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we purchased our jetpack and are doing the prepaid unlimited for 65 a month on auto pay. If it doesn't work for us we will not renew. Hopefully it will be great, for what we need it for. We let every know how it works. thanks
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson: You have a new SD, as do I. Does the trucks Wi-Fi hotspot help at all with Wi-Fi in the rig? ATT's advertisement is its good from 50 ft away.......?
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    Howson: You have a new SD, as do I. Does the trucks Wi-Fi hotspot help at all with Wi-Fi in the rig? ATT's advertisement is its good from 50 ft away.......?
    I've never tried it. To be honest I didn't even know the truck had the capability. I just asked my co-workers (who are a lot younger than I am) and got a quick primer. A lot of info when I google'd it, too. One more thing to learn about! Not sure whether to thank you or not...
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    First video I watched and found out the wifi hotspot is not an accessible feature: I don't have AT&T. Why the heck did Ford limit this to only one carrier? To think I helped fund this "feature" is very annoying.

Ford should have spent more time designing valves for the truck's wheels that actually allow a human to add air to the tires instead of designing this useless (at least for me) "feature".

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-t...pot-setup.html
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at a closeup pic of your SD you don't have the "shark fin" transmitter on your roof. No worries now!! 🤡

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson I have the wifi set up in my truck but my cell service is thru AT&T. I got the unlimited data plan for the truck and it added about 20 bucks to my cell bill. It even has its own phone number with area code same as my cell. I'm pretty sure you can just call AT&T and get a cheap plan from them for just the truck. I think for 10-20 bucks a month its pretty handy to have. I can use it while inside the trailer and the signal is strong. The major weak point is the truck has to be running for it to work. I guess Ford did it that way so people wouldn't kill their batteries. You also have to download the Ford Pass appl onto your phone from the apple store or google for Android.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After poking around on Ford's website Howson your truck doesn't have the Fordpass capability, it started on the 2018 model Super Dutys and is standard on King Ranch and above. That explains why my '17 F250 Lariat didn't have it either. Bummer man.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sucks that the truck has to be running b/c I was hoping to use the truck hotspot and fire up my ROKU and Sling inside the trailer. Next I'll try my iPhone as a hotspot for the ROKU inside.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast