User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotspots- Wireless

What does everyone use for their hotspot wireless? We are with Verizon and we hear they have this new plan that is unlimited and no throttle with a jetpack. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    What does everyone use for their hotspot wireless? We are with Verizon and we hear they have this new plan that is unlimited and no throttle with a jetpack. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks Tara
    Do a search for "JetPack" (white rectangular box, top right, then click the magnifying glass icon) and you'll be rewarded with a dozen or more threads on this very topic. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the reading!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket unlimited extra on PDA net to mask TTL.

I connect via USB and bridge the connection to Ethernet on the PC which connects to wan port on the router which shares the internet to all devices.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

I connect via USB and bridge the connection to Ethernet on the PC which connects to wan port on the router which shares the internet to all devices.
    You're going to have to help me with a translation. Due to my personal background, I read the first sentence, "Cricket unlimited extra on Personal Display of Affection net to mask Thank The Lord." Since that makes no sense, the acronyms must mean something else. (I can't be the only one...)

I google'd TTL (didn't help).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

PDA, net, mask TTL (Time To Live), Translates for me to a compact description of tethering, lead me to Howard Forums - How to make tethering look like on device data use?
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!! I guess we will try Verizon prepaid unlimited to see how that works. If not we just wont refill!
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    I have not personally researched this, but have. A friend on Verizon who just told me that he is using a Jetpack with. An unlimited plan, no throttling, an pays $69 per month. He said he paid $200 for the Jetpack. I’d contact Verizon direct.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Howard suggests, search and read. That said, we moved two phones (3 gigs each) and a MiFi JetPack from our post-paid plan to the new prepaid unlimited plan in November and it's doing well. With the auto-pay and multi-line discounts, the JetPack works out to $50/month. In fact, our total bill is a little over half what it was on the post-paid plan and we get unlimited data on the JetPack! We have experienced what we think is prioritization in one location in Augusta, GA, but aren't sure if it's an over-utilized tower, a tower being worked on (upgrading to 5G), or actual prioritization. We stream NetFlix and Amazon Prime without any issues.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    I have not personally researched this, but have. A friend on Verizon who just told me that he is using a Jetpack with. An unlimited plan, no throttling, an pays $69 per month. He said he paid $200 for the Jetpack. I’d contact Verizon direct.

Alan
    Alan, We stopped into Verizon yesterday and there are two Jet Pack plans. Month to month, no contract, is exactly the price quoted to you by your friend. However, we were told if we signed a two year, the box would cost us only $100, with monthly of $20 for unlimited. The sales person actually did the math for 6 months ( month to month) vs. contract for a year, and the contract was cheaper. He did add that when you hit 15gb, there would probably be a slow down, but not enough to prevent use altogether. I also imagine it’s a priority thing, and if you are in a low use area, you probably won’t even see much of a slow down.
    Since we store our trailer from October to April, we decided to wait til April to get the Jet Pack.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Alan, We stopped into Verizon yesterday and there are two Jet Pack plans. Month to month, no contract, is exactly the price quoted to you by your friend. However, we were told if we signed a two year, the box would cost us only $100, with monthly of $20 for unlimited. The sales person actually did the math for 6 months ( month to month) vs. contract for a year, and the contract was cheaper. He did add that when you hit 15gb, there would probably be a slow down, but not enough to prevent use altogether. I also imagine it’s a priority thing, and if you are in a low use area, you probably won’t even see much of a slow down.
    Since we store our trailer from October to April, we decided to wait til April to get the Jet Pack.
    N
    It's not "probably" on the throttling on the post-paid plan - it's "will." The post-paid is not truly an unlimited plan.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast