User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK to run fireplace overnight?

I'm new to a fireplace in an RV and so far we have been boondocking or not needing the heat in our 310GK. I have tested the fireplace and it does turn off when it reaches thermostat settings. Is it ok to run all night as a primary heat source in cool (not freezing) weather?
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part we never turn ours off for the entire winter, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run ours overnight and leave it on during the day as well. No problems doing that.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I'm new to a fireplace in an RV and so far we have been boondocking or not needing the heat in our 310GK. I have tested the fireplace and it does turn off when it reaches thermostat settings. Is it ok to run all night as a primary heat source in cool (not freezing) weather?
    Hi Jeff,

There have been some questions about the safety of the electric fireplaces. See this thread . . . particularly post 14. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...803#post203803 We have gone back to running our fireplace overnight . . . but, we turn it off whenever we leave the trailer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We turn the fireplace on and set it for just above what we have the furnace set for overnight. It keeps the furnace from running all the time.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's cold but not below freezing we will run the fireplace at night. It is just an overpriced 1500 watt space heater and should be safe enough. Like Rob I wouldn't leave it running and leave the trailer for the day though.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish our fireplace would run. I removed it and disassembled it looking for a fuse that was blown. It's not fused. New fireplaces are $200 to much more--depending on the brand.

Wish we could easily buy door fronts to cover the space and use it for more storage. I'm using a small 1500 watt Amazon Basics space heater in the meantime that keeps our kitchen toasty.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't miss Rob's "How To" in post #14 of the thread he linked. Super easy to pull the fireplace to inspect the electrical connections. I looked at mine (post #20 in that same thread) and everything was fine, so I have no qualms about leaving it running overnight.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run ours like any other good electric heater. It goes all night after night.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run our fireplace overnight and day to save expense of propane for furnace. You should treat fireplace as electric space heater and that is basically what it is. Before we had camper with fireplace we used space heater to save money on propane. Never leave it running while you are away; too many things can go wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast