User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Dan and Brian. I replaced the check valve with an elbow. That fixed the problem! I would have never guessed that was a check valve. I only have one tank open at a time too, so I don't really need it.

It sure will be nice to switch tanks with a valve instead of hauling a full tank around the camper.

Dave

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news. Thanks for the update,

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave27 View Post
    Thank you Dan and Brian. I replaced the check valve with an elbow. That fixed the problem! I would have never guessed that was a check valve. I only have one tank open at a time too, so I don't really need it.

It sure will be nice to switch tanks with a valve instead of hauling a full tank around the camper.

Dave
    Just catching up to this thread . . . the "check valve vs elbow" comment reminded me of a long thread from a couple of years ago. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...oting-Question Back then, we figured out that GDRV replaced a check valve that was part of the switch-over valve with an elbow that did not provide the check valve function (because this fit better). This was the problem! Once there were two check valves (as required by the switch-over valve) . . . everything worked as designed. I communicated this to GDRV . . . but, I don't think they ever updated their manufacturing process.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob
    Thanks for the link, now my head hurts from all the pigtail and check valve talk. If it ever gets warm again I will have to re-look at what I have done and do some checking.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave
    Glad I could help. I only run one tank at a time, so I just left the check valve out.

Be prepared to have a similar problem on your water heater. My water heater stopped working on gas but was fine on electric. I tore down the gas feed in the heater searching for a problem and found the orifice feeding the burner be completely clogged with debris. It is a very small opening and it does not take much to clog it. So if you had crap in your system that clogged your check valve, your water heater is probably not far behind.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is still here, just not as bad. When the driver side tank empties, I can switch to the passenger side tank using the regulator. The furnace runs but doesn't put out as much heat. It is only warm air coming out of the vent, instead of hot. I carried the full tank over to the driver side and get nice hot air. I assume there is still a pressure loss that prevents the furnace from operating at full capacity.

Should I disconnect everything and blow compressed air through in the opposite direction? Or replace the hose between the two sides? That is the last original part left. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dave

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is still here, just not as bad. When the driver side tank empties, I can switch to the passenger side tank using the regulator. The furnace runs but doesn't put out as much heat. It is only warm air coming out of the vent, instead of hot. I carried the full tank over to the driver side and get nice hot air. I assume there is still a pressure loss that prevents the furnace from operating at full capacity.

Should I disconnect everything and blow compressed air through in the opposite direction? Or replace the hose between the two sides? That is the last original part left. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I am having the same type issues as you. If we get some warm weather, I am thinking along the same line, to blow air through the cross over hose. If that works for you, could you please send out an update ?

Thanks in advance,
    Gordo Fuchs
    Presently in Albuquerque, NM.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Like I previously indicated, I have had a lot of problems with my propane system, primarily due to the system being full of debris.

Did you try looking at the stove when operated from one side or the other? Do you see any difference? If so, then it would seem there is something wrong on the passenger side feed. I think I would start with the regulators, either replace them or give them a good cleaning. You removed the check valve, so that obstruction is no longer there I assume, but you might want to check the fitting. Also check the pigtail that connects the bottler to the regulator, I think others on here have found problems with this. Anything beyond that would be part of both systems and would impact both the driver and passenger feeds.

I do not think you need to blow out your whole system as it works from one side and no the other, this implies the overall system is OK. I might be inclined to be proactive and clean out the feeds to each of the propane operated devices. This is where all the debris will ultimately end up.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you clean out the feeds?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you clean out the feeds?
    I would disconnect both ends of a line and put a white rag at one end and air pressure into the other and see what comes out.

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast