Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 diesel and CA emmisions

Hi all - Looking at buying a F350 diesel in the near future. I'm currently in the northeast and there's a possibility I might be transferred to California for 1-2 year work assignment. Does anyone know if there are any specific CA emission standards for these vehicles that will make registration difficult? I know on most cars there's a sticker under the hood that'll say if it complies w/ CA standards. Does anyone outside of CA that has a Ford diesel truck have this sticker (or equivalent) under their hood? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi all - Looking at buying a F350 diesel in the near future. I'm currently in the northeast and there's a possibility I might be transferred to California for 1-2 year work assignment. Does anyone know if there are any specific CA emission standards for these vehicles that will make registration difficult? I know on most cars there's a sticker under the hood that'll say if it complies w/ CA standards. Does anyone outside of CA that has a Ford diesel truck have this sticker (or equivalent) under their hood? Thanks!
    Hi Orbsah, we just moved out of California. Brought our diesel with us (F350). I can’t guarantee it, but I think most,if not all of the vehicles nowadays say something to the affect of “50 state compliant”. Anyway, California has smog checks. For the diesel all they do is look to see if anything has been altered. If you bring one into the state with you for residency, then you’ll have to get it weighed and checked at a smog certification shop prior to registering it.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure the 6.7's are all 50 state emissions legal. Just had a field service action done on mine, came over Ford Pass app. FSA # 18N04 was an emissions update and it said was to comply with 50 state requirements. I think it even feels punchier now too!
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-28-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling lol
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you keep your RI residency, you wont need to register your truck in CA. A lady I worked with inherited a truck from Texas, kept the registration in Tx. for 3 years & she had a Ca. license (can't remember how she did it). The county I live in doesn't have EOY smog checks...but I make up for it in registration fees
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone; Pretty sure that if I'm in CA for >6months and am getting a paycheck from there, I'll need to register my vehicles there. I escaped from CA ~16 years ago (CA native) and I'm not really looking forward to going back. Still only a possibility - might not happen. Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone