User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retirement Trip

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your pending retirement. Your three week trip looks more like a three month trip to me.

I used to drive as fast and far as possible on vacations, however since going to the RV we realize traveling slowly is the way to go. We just missed so many things moving so fast.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the others and suggest you "slow down and smell the roses". When we plan any trip over 200 miles from home we give ourselves 6 weeks and have been gone as much as 8 weeks. There's so much to see you need to take time to really take it in. Glad to hear you plan to see the North Rim. Most people only see the South Rim and the views are much better from the North Rim. If you like boondocking we found a nice secluded spot with easy access off of the main road. Enjoy!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the awesome guidance. As seasoned travelers, what route/stops would you recommend from Sacramento, CA to Ohio. We had planned about 3 weeks this first trip, leaving Travis AFB Family Camp early on 3 June (I retire on the 1st) and planning on arriving back to Ohio around 23 June. Yosemite is close so will definitely plan that as our first stop. Planning on spending 2 June exploring Napa with family from Ohio traveling out for the retirement ceremony.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sir
    Thank you for you service to this beautiful country. It's worth protecting thanks
    I would say take your time-live one day at a time. So it takes 3 months to get to Ohio big deal

Happy trails
    Otto
    GoN4it
    Otto @ Susan
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with the rest. In the three weeks you might get a look at each place, but that's all. Just for Yellowstone,just to drive around the park it takes four days, just to drive around the park, and that's just to see the highlights( Old Faithful, Yellowstone falls, The mud pots, and Mammoth Hot springs.) We spent a day, and a half just around Old Faithful Geyser basin. As for Grand Canyon, you can see the south rim in a day, (there is a nice camp ground on hy 89 at Cameron it is owned by the Indians, they have a nice little resort their.) But as for the north rim it will take a day to get there from the south,then a day to see it all (and bast seen by off road vehicle.) and take and extra day to get to Bryce canyon, Zion, Canyon Lands, and Moab, UT. When you get to MT Rushmore, if you like caves, there are two of them in the area that will take another day or two to see. So you can see three week is not enough time to see all of what you want to see. good luck and have a great retirement, and thanks for your service.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12