User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Solitute 310 GK Question?

Hi Everybody,

New to the forum but not new to RV world. We had an Arctic Fox 25W and a Ram 2500 Cummins for the last 2 years and were extremely happy with both. However decided to go full time for at least couple years and need more space as a couple and two dogs. We like what we read about GD customer service and like the layout of 310 GK. I'm very familiar with towing and payload issues and upgrading the truck to a Ram 3500 dually with at least 5K payload. However looking at the numbers for 310 GK I realized the trailer has less than 3K payload (difference between dry and GVWR) and afraid that after water, propane, extra batteries, couple solar panels that leaves less than 2K for all other stuff. Granted I'll upgrade the brakes to disc and tires to Sailun and shocks without even driving away from the dealer I'm still curious about real world experiences of the owners? Also while ordering I'll forego the dual pane windows, no w/d, no TV in the bedroom etc.. and try to save as much weight as possible... I'm still concerned and open to advice.

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums. This is a great place with very friendly, helpful people. I am a newbie (had the trailer 1 season) and have learned a lot here.

It really depends on how/what you load in the trailer. We are not full timers, but have done 4 weeks at a time. We do not boondock, but I typically carry 10~30 gals of water. My 310GK typically weighs in mid-to-upper 13,xxx#. With a full tank of fresh water (72 gals measured), I weighed 14,040#. That is the heaviest I have ever weighed. Again, this is for how we have our unit optioned (basely no options) and how we load. Your weight will vary. Just for reference, our factory "exit weight" was listed as 12,286# and picking up trailer from dealer (with 45 gal fresh water) it weighed 12,600# (full propane, battery, etc. but we had not put anything else in it). All weights (except factory) were over CAT scales.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 01-28-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Cleaned up grammar
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
    Hi Everybody,

New to the forum but not new to RV world. We had an Arctic Fox 25W and a Ram 2500 Cummins for the last 2 years and were extremely happy with both. However decided to go full time for at least couple years and need more space as a couple and two dogs. We like what we read about GD customer service and like the layout of 310 GK. I'm very familiar with towing and payload issues and upgrading the truck to a Ram 3500 dually with at least 5K payload. However looking at the numbers for 310 GK I realized the trailer has less than 3K payload (difference between dry and GVWR) and afraid that after water, propane, extra batteries, couple solar panels that leaves less than 2K for all other stuff. Granted I'll upgrade the brakes to disc and tires to Sailun and shocks without even driving away from the dealer I'm still curious about real world experiences of the owners? Also while ordering I'll forego the dual pane windows, no w/d, no TV in the bedroom etc.. and try to save as much weight as possible... I'm still concerned and open to advice.

Thanks
    Doubleplay--I can't address your questions as I have no first-hand experience with a Solitude, but welcome you to the forum!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)