User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed Furrion Furrion FOS43TASF Vision S Black Observation Camera

Installed subject camera in my 2019 303 today using the pre-wired connection in the camera housing. The camera was un-powered until I hooked up the 7 way plug from the tow vehicle and turned on the running lights. I've read many other posts about having to change the wiring and/or add an on-off switch to turn the camera off to keep it from draining the battery. It seems GD has finally gotten around to wiring it differently to address a long-standing problem.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff
    Great to here your was wired to the running lights. Some have had this recently and some have not. Our unit , with Oct. '17 build date did not. But others before and after has. If they fixed this issue that would be great.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have your battery connected in your RV and connect the top two pins (opposite the key way) (I used an auto fuse) on the seven way plug it will power the device and your RV’s lights running off your RV’s battery. I used this to test the camera without hooking the truck up.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your thoughts on that camera system overall?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pleased with the operation of the camera. I have not had any drops of signal. It is great for observing traffic behind you when towing, makes lane changes easier. Using as back up is good as well but still rely on DW for the "eyes on" approach.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it for a couple of reasons. As Brian said above, it is nice to have when towing as another piece of information regarding what's behind you and whether you are clear of traffic in adjacent lanes for lane changes. For backing up, even though my wife and I use radios and she spots me (does a great job too) I like being able to see for myself too where the back of the rig is in relation to what is around it and I like confirmation where the wife is. It also has a microphone on it so i hear what she's saying on the Furrion as well as the radio.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a cheap camera on my Lance and I found it to be useful, but when I bought the reflection I didn't think it was worth it.

After backing up in gas stations a few times, and now that I'm going to be pulling a jet ski, it's time to invest.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    If you have your battery connected in your RV and connect the top two pins (opposite the key way) (I used an auto fuse) on the seven way plug it will power the device and your RV’s lights running off your RV’s battery. I used this to test the camera without hooking the truck up.
    Here is a diagram of the 7 way plug
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YSFzFXpl.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	18915
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step