User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto reset breakers on the bus bar

Does anyone know what breakers are on the bus bar in the front bottom compartment? I know about the level up one, as I did the 80 amp breaker mod. Reading the instructions to the WFCO inverter, there is supposed to be "A UL listed 100 Amp DC rated slow blow fuse or circuit breaker...installed in the Positive battery cable within 18 inches of the battery."
    Was wondering if one of those breakers was dedicated to the inverter, or if I should attempt to find the correct red cable and install a breaker.
    thanks in advance, Rob M
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Rob,

I do not have a residential refrigurator or inverter in our 310GK. I have four auto-reset circuit breakers in the front compartment. The main circuits they power are;
    1) Front compartment light, “Hook up” lights, under chassis lights
    2) Battery connection to distribution (fuse) panel & the converter
    3) Schwintek (bedroom) slide power.
    4) Hydraulic pump (not controller) power. Note: The power to the LevelUp controller is through a separate 10A inline fuse.

I would suspect (but do not know) that the breaker supplying power to the distribution panel in the panel will connect to the converter/inverter. This will be the breaker connected tot he large battery disconnect switch.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris for that. I do think the red wire to the inverter was from the distribution center area, so it must be protected by the breaker leading to the fuse panel and converter.
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs