Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
Question: If the hydraulic lines are disconnected and extensions are added, was there a need to "Bleed" the lines at each jack?

Glad I read this post. I want to raise my jacks at least 2+ inches on my 2021 395MS to better utilize the Anderson Buckets I have. For now three years, at least half the time I level there is marginal space to insert the buckets on some uneven camp areas. I conclude from this post that there may be enough service loop to raise the jack bodies a limited amount. Obviously if the jacks are being raised to there upper limit then I wouldn't expect enough length in in some or all hydraulic lines. I'm always skeptical in adding additional connections that result in some reliability concerns for leaks.

In my specific application, the two front landing jacks have plenty of length to raise the front jack with no length issues. In fact raising them creates more slack in my configuration. I'll have to check the mid and rear jack lines to see if I can gain more line before moving.
We use the Andersen buckets for the front legs most of the time. Sometimes they're too tall when trying to Auto Level, but not so much anymore. We don't use them in the rear/middle because like you say, they're too tall. We use the rectangular block, not the Lego-type blocks though. They work great, and have never caused any issues with the Auto Level.

I feel the trailer is more solid feeling if the extension of the hydraulic legs is the least you can get away with. However I have read a post on another forum, that said a Lippert tech told them the trailer would be most stable when the leveling legs were extended more. The more extension, the more stable. Which is exactly the opposite of my experiences. And doesn't really seem logical, but he asserted it was due to the slight angle of the legs. I think this might be one of those times when a tech is mistaken.

I replaced a couple lines, and could have shortened them with no issues. I would think with only 2 inches of height change you would be fine with stock length. I could have shortened our back leg connector line at least a couple of feet with no problem. And the lines/pump don't need to be bled since the pump pulls fluid from the reservoir, and fluid from the lines feeds back into the reservoir. I don't think I'd make any line adjustments until I've actually moved the cylinders and spotted a problem.