Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Pro Pride 3p review

Hi guys/gals, I purchased my 312BHTS in December and we took off for Florida for 10 days at Christmas time. Before all this occurred I was doing research on hitches and just kept coming back to the Pro Pride 3P, I called Sean from Pro Pride a few times and felt really comfortable with the design and Sean's knowledge of the industry. I did look around at cheaper alternatives but I just wanted something that would do the job all the time and something my wife would feel comfortable with if she decides to start driving. I looked at the Blue Ox system and it was gonna set me back 1600.00 CND so I was basically almost there as far as the Pro Pride pricing. I was able to drive to pro Pride in Grand Blanc MI and save a few hundred bucks on the shipping too. Installation was a breeze and I found myself calling Sean on his cell phone to help with a few steps, says alot when the guy that engineered this hitch gives you his cell number and says call me anytime (I called him on a sunday).

Fast forward to the trip. We set out for a 4K km adventure and I have to say that I was impressed. I could have driven the entire trip with one hand, no sway, no getting sucked in by semi trucks. It was everything I wanted this hitch to be and in my opinion well worth the extra 1500.00 above the other hitches I looked at. I had a few people in Fl ask me about the hitch and most wanted to switch to this or a Hensley but felt nervous spending the money without trying it first, I tried to ease their minds. One fella had the exact same trailer as me but was using your standard friction bars and said that his system is so loud and was looking to switch to a Hensley. He had never heard of Pro Pride so I informed him of the company.

All in all very happy with it so far. I had 4,000Km of care free, no white knuckle driving thanks to Sean at Pro Pride.
    Last edited by Chad1383; 02-02-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, your story is pretty identical to mine, which has been related enough in other threads here.

I perhaps could have gotten a few bucks off buying from Hensley, but in doing the research it appears that the inventor (Jim Hensley) split from the company that bears his name, and gets nothing from them. He and Sean started ProPride, made some design improvements, and the guy who should benefit from his own work, does!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)