User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Disconnect Switch

Our Forest River TT did not have this switch. We are seasonal campers (April - October). If we are hooked up to the park’s electrical service, should we disconnect the battery using this switch? I assume the converter would still power the 12 volt systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwestlake View Post
    Our Forest River TT did not have this switch. We are seasonal campers (April - October). If we are hooked up to the park’s electrical service, should we disconnect the battery using this switch? I assume the converter would still power the 12 volt systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The battery switch must remain in the "ON" position for the converter to be able to charge the battery. This switch disconnects "most" things (including the converter) from the battery . . . but, not everything. Things like the CO/propane detector, the radio memory, the tongue jack and maybe a few others are still powered and will eventually drain the battery if the maintenance switch is turned off.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS