User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    Never had an RV before have a 12,500 lb boat that we love but its time to change hobbies. We will most likely purchase a used 2018 GD 297 rlts private sale or a new one from Lazy Days in Florida. We have a winter home here that we have decided to sell and purchase an RV. One of the reasons is the cost of health insurance to come to the US its crazy expensive for me over 3 months. Owning a house with property taxes, water and sewer bill year round does not make sense for staying 120 days in Florida so the house is going. We have found a number of parks that we can stay in for 4 months leave the trailer there in storage and drive home. I am purchasing a Ram Limited with tow package, air ride and 3.92 rear end, it is used low miles on it and the dealer is holding it for me. I get home mid April. We will come down next December and stay in the trailer for the winter, yup our first stay in an RV will be for 120 days. The reason for the 1500 Ram is because I've really liked this model for a long time if I buy a 2500 and we don't like staying in an RV im stuck with a truch I don't want. I will tow it to Winnipeg Manitoba and put it on a camp ground on lake Winnipeg. We can stay in it with our two grandsons for the month of July and then my two daughters can use it the other months of the camping season as a cottage for them. Our grandsons are 3 and 6 so the next 6 years is probally all they would want to spend a month with us. I've pm a few people on this board about what they tow their 297 with and a few got back to me thanks for the input.

Any input is welcomed

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    Most 1/2 ton trucks come from the factory with a Class IV hitch. The 297RSTS is in Class V territory. Check the hitch to see what it's max is with WD hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a far cry from the stated 795 lbs on the spec sheet...I suppose I'll need to have mine weighed. Towing with an F250 6.7L but it only has 2219 available for payload.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12