User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have got lucky, I called Encore/Thousand Trails last night and got a site for next winter at Riverside RV Resort, close to Port Charlotte. That feels good to have a home for next winter. We are under a freezing rain warning today, ugh!

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Welcome to Tucson! How do you like the weather this week? :-)
    It seems I get a motorcycle ride in just about every other day. But still, far better than the rest of the nation and don't have the humidity that Florida has. I'm good with this weather! You must be, too!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    It seems I get a motorcycle ride in just about every other day. But still, far better than the rest of the nation and don't have the humidity that Florida has. I'm good with this weather! You must be, too!
    Yup. I've lived here since 1964. We like this weather as it is different from our normal boringly splendid climate. There are some very nice motorcycle rides in this area. PM me and I'll hook you up with some roads and maybe a riding partner or two for a day.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy Im telling you they are building more RV parks around here in Bastrop Texas every day seems like. They just built another new one right around the country mile corner from us. RV & Tiny Homes. One of the big RV parks in Bastrop "Highway 71 RV Park" is clearing off land looks like for a major expansion. I've lost count now but a few months ago it was up to like 13 RV parks right around Bastrop. You have to be picky which park to choose. Some are the bear essentials, power, water, sewage, gravel. Others are more upscale and added RV stores, on site maint tech, laundry, club house, exercise rooms, swimming pools and hot tubs, paved sites, cable TV, WIFI and some have lakes or rivers. Bastrop State Park on the Lower Colorado River is also a big draw and it seems they get the money to keep it nice and updated.

True it's not Florida beaches or the Texas Gulf Coast but very pleasant in a smaller city atmosphere and close to Austin 20 miles. San Antonio is not that far away.
    I think Its not only the snow birds that is driving this. Texas property taxes is a contributing factor and transient workers (high power lines) also (Texas has its own power grid). Festivals and races ie South by Southwest, Austin City Limits and COTA. I noticed a stead stream of RVs traveling highway 71 near my house between Austin and probably going toward Interstate 10.

Our problem is the lack of RV parks being built up north. When we visit the family in north central Indiana Kokomo area and Ohio around Dayton, very few if any new parks are being built. Of course they have the problem of winter and frozen water lines, so most of the parks close down in October. We would like to stay up there until at least mid December. They did build a small RV Park a while back around Windfall in Howard County on the Wildcat Creek close to Kokomo (10 miles). Right adjacent to my inlaws. That would be great but they close down in October.

Of course you have the problem of state parks around the country, they are getting older and not much money to keep them going and updating. Especially around premier attractions.

Supply & Demand?
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very real and why we have a lot that we purchased in Florida. If you try and rent you need to have the reservations done well before season and if you're picky where you want to stay a year or more out. Some places have fairly long waiting lists. January through March is the tight time. There are only a few places that are warm all year. Florida is nice because of where it is and how warm it is, for those months it is in very high demand.

What other options are there? South Texas? Southern Arizona and southern California are far for east coasters and Arizona still gets cold plus it's super dry.
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-06-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy all. I am in the same boat. Picking up my new 385GK-R Saturday, I will be full time in it near Ft Lauderdale until I get Orlando based. Cannot find a site to save my life right now. Not good!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNeal View Post
    Howdy all. I am in the same boat. Picking up my new 385GK-R Saturday, I will be full time in it near Ft Lauderdale until I get Orlando based. Cannot find a site to save my life right now. Not good!
    Try the lion country Safari Koa, nettles island, treasure cost RV park and vacation inn RV resort.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay, give Tucson a try. Lots of nice places with spaces available.
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Try the lion country Safari Koa, nettles island, treasure cost RV park and vacation inn RV resort.
    I have to be within an hour and a half or so to Ft Lauderdale airport. Sitting reserve as a Captain at Spirit is not the most fun, but beats working for a living.

Lion Country KOA is booked up solid through May 1. As is Vacation Inn. Havent checked Treasure Coast yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to AZ and stay on the BLM land. All the space you could need and a affordable rate. JMHO
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast