User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    Go to AZ and stay on the BLM land. All the space you could need and a affordable rate. JMHO
    Or if you need full hook ups with 50 amp the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park, just south of Tucson about 7 miles is $150 a week and that includes elec. No frills (pool, spa, etc.) but it does have new restrooms, laundry and two off leash dog parks and both of them have a large breed and small breed side. Close to everything in a big city but far enough out that it's quiet. Gravel spaces 45' deep and wide enough to park your towed or TV in between (or set up your patio).
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know if you stop living in the freezing North of the US or Canada..... you don't have to to snowbird south for the winter and fight for a RV spot there...

Just saying. I move out of the northeast US 15 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made - Weather and financial.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptacon View Post
    You know if you stop living in the freezing North of the US or Canada..... you don't have to to snowbird south for the winter and fight for a RV spot there...

Just saying. I move out of the northeast US 15 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made - Weather and financial.
    Unless they move Lake Erie, " Walleye Capitol of the World ", that's not an option. Just saying.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    This is the reality of (literally) millions of Canadian and northern US baby boomer snowbirds heading for Florida (and Texas/Arizona/etc) every winter. We have been doing this for four years and have seen a dramatic volume increase in just this timeframe. We see sites that sit empty most of the winter because someone is willing to pay the 4 month rental fee in order to have the site for the one month that they actually want to use it. This is unfortunately the "price of admission".

Rob

Someone should start some kind of post page to sell unused camping spots around the country. Just like they sell season tickets.
    Don't you know
    Just sayn
    Otto @ Susan
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For last season we got a spot in the Lower Rio Grande valley, Alamo TX, for the winter with a reservation made in August. At that time they only 2 sites to choose from.

Last spring we made our reservation for here in Casa Grande AZ for this winter and had no problem getting a reservation. The RV park here, Sundance1 RV Resort, is very nice and are building more sites. They have a section for permanent homes where they are adding double wides yet there are plenty of RV spots as well. It is a 55+ park.

I just made reservations for next winter for FL. Majestic Oaks in Zephyrhills FL. Today is the first day to reserve for next winter as the renewals are supposed to be all done by now. They offered us the choice of 10 spots.

My expierence so far is; if you reserve early for the winter spots it can be done fairly easy, you just have to plan ahead where you want to spend your winter.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    For last season we got a spot in the Lower Rio Grande valley, Alamo TX, for the winter with a reservation made in August. At that time they only 2 sites to choose from.

Last spring we made our reservation for here in Casa Grande AZ for this winter and had no problem getting a reservation. The RV park here, Sundance1 RV Resort, is very nice and are building more sites. They have a section for permanent homes where they are adding double wides yet there are plenty of RV spots as well. It is a 55+ park.

I just made reservations for next winter for FL. Majestic Oaks in Zephyrhills FL. Today is the first day to reserve for next winter as the renewals are supposed to be all done by now. They offered us the choice of 10 spots.

My expierence so far is; if you reserve early for the winter spots it can be done fairly easy, you just have to plan ahead where you want to spend your winter.
    And....they appear to be full, 2 hrs after you posted.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    The more you are willing to go inland, fairly easy if you plan ahead is likely true. If you want close proximity to the coast, or near the coast in southern Florida it's not easy. imo.
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 SB SRW Turbo Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkDeb View Post
    The more you are willing to go inland, fairly easy if you plan ahead is likely true. If you want close proximity to the coast, or near the coast in southern Florida it's not easy. imo.
    This was our first attempt at FL for the season, being on the coast was not a priority, being able to get to the coast in an hour and a half or so is close enough. We were looking for a place that had activities we enjoy and this is the only place in FL I found with an RC car track. I think there must be others but I can't find them.

It is surprising they filled 10 spots that quickly. We have been in contact with them for over a month so we had a foot in the door for early picks this morning. Pr planning appears to be an absolute must for that area.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure has changed in the last 4 or 5 years. It isn't just a problem in Florida, it's a problem everywhere. We tried to book Bar Harbor a couple of years ago for late September. Every campground I called was booked. We were trying to book 3 months in advance. This year we're going to Boston area. We tried to book Normandy Farms for mid May and all their full service sites were already booked. Some local campgrounds are booked months if not a year in advance now. Campgrounds are becoming much more expensive and reservation requirements are changing. One campground we stay at requires payment in full several months prior to the reservation date. Another require a minimum 7 day stay. It's not uncommon to see empty sites because people just book them, pay and don't show.
    We have 90% of our 2019 season planned and booked. Not what I like to do but find it necessary now. We know someone that purchased a 5th wheel two years ago and just sold it because they became frustrated with the situation.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This very issue was a factor in our recent decision to sell our beautiful motorhome and get a 5th wheel and leave it in one place. We began traveling all over the US in about 2007 and each year it has gotten more difficult to get a good RV spot in nice/popular destinations. We liked to travel spontaneously but found it necessary to make reservations a year or more in advance. Florida was the worst.

We are adjusting to using the Solitude in Myrtle Beach, SC. Not as warm as Florida, AZ or South Texas in winter but a reasonable and nice alternative. We are seeing more folks from Canada and the Northeast US staying there over the winter.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast