User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    Jim - I was in total agreement with you and glad someone was saying it so succinctly until you mentioned the yellow tag. The yellow tag GVWR MAY (or may not) be artificially set for marketing/licensing/registration purposes rather than to reflect material (axle, suspension, tires, etc) limitations. OTOH, axle rating is the max loading for that axle.

Sorry for the interruption - now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
    SouthTX,
    To refresh your memory.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Wrong. Directly from Timbren's FAQs:

Q. CAN I HAUL MORE WEIGHT ON MY TRUCK IF I INSTALL TIMBREN’S SES KIT?

A. You cannot exceed the manufacturer’s axle rating or GVW rating of the vehicle. A Timbren suspension enhancement system will greatly enhance the performance of a heavily-loaded vehicle by adding to the spring rate. You can expect reduced sag, and improved roll stability.
    I have the Timbren kit on my GMC 2500HD and it makes a big improvement. Truck used to drop 4 inches at rear bumper when the 5th wheel trailer was attached. Now it only drops 1 inch. I found it really improves the ride and handling when pulling the trailer. Easy to install. I have been using this kit on several GM 2500HD trucks since 2011 with great success. Highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw this and all the banter by supposed "experts" on truck loading. Because the OP was asking about an F150 and I feel I am informed because I did extensive homework in the last year and a half before buying a new truck and then my GD. The truck the OP has, if you are familiar with F150 builds was not "max tow" the picture of the sticker on the receiver hitch is the clue. His PAYLOAD is probably in the neighborhood of 1700# not nearly enough for any fifth wheel, TT and restricting his choice of bumper pull as well. One thing with an F150 or I would say, any half ton truck is the payload and / or receiver tongue weight will be exceeded LONG before you get to max towing capacity (TT GVW). With that wheel base (145") a 33 to 34 ft. TT is way to much to handle. Getting back to the receiver hitch, after the PAYLOAD the tongue weight will be the limiting factor in how much he could tow. I saw 15% given as a percentage to use for weight estimation. It's not bad but maybe 13% of TT GVW is more realistic, which in the case would work out to 1300# (9995 * .13= 1299.5). This is over the receiver hitch limit and there isn't much left to load the truck after.
    I do suggest all who are trying to sort this out and it can be confusing with lots of misinformation, take a look though the posts in the linked page asking these very same questions. There are a few participants that are the "payload police" but at the end of the day, they are right. https://www.f150forum.com/f82/
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567