User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 SuperDuty 7.3L V-8 Gas

This may be the truck for me, With a 10 speed transmission. Looking forward to seeing the specs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNMVdAXn0Xo
    Last edited by Gootch; 02-05-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootch View Post
    This may be the truck for me, With a 10 speed transmission. Looking forward to seeing the specs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNMVdAXn0Xo
    Another plastic oil pan? Awww man.
    But if they end up with 650+ #ft of torque it will sell very well and be a good option to people that don’t want diesel.
    I like the changes in the front clip and the 12 pin TPMS plug location next to the 7 pin trailer plug, in the bed. The auto-folding mirrors are a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIce video, thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not excited about the plastic pan on the 10-speed, but the 7.3L might be the perfect answer for many folks... I'm very interested to see those HP/torque and MPG numbers.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    ...the 7.3L might be the perfect answer for many folks... I'm very interested to see those HP/torque and MPG numbers.
    Might add a whole new wrinkle to the endless gas vs diesel debate. If that 7.3L has the grunt to pull/haul and are reliable, those of us with diesels may find our trucks are not as valuable at trade in time as in the past.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Might add a whole new wrinkle to the endless gas vs diesel debate. If that 7.3L has the grunt to pull/haul and are reliable, those of us with diesels may find our trucks are not as valuable at trade in time as in the past.
    Lol I was just thinking that! The diesel vs gas debates ought to really get good now! Go Ford!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 7.3L looks promising. The one thing that still sets gas vs diesel apart is that exhaust brake. If you do any towing in the mountains it is worth its weight in gold on the way down, even without towing going down the mountain it is a great feature. Did anyone else notice there was a Momentum hooked up to the king ranch dually in the video? Good video overall, although im not in the market for a new truck I would like to test drive that new motor.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    That 7.3L looks promising. The one thing that still sets gas vs diesel apart is that exhaust brake. If you do any towing in the mountains it is worth its weight in gold on the way down, even without towing going down the mountain it is a great feature. Did anyone else notice there was a Momentum hooked up to the king ranch dually in the video? Good video overall, although im not in the market for a new truck I would like to test drive that new motor.
    Imagine that 7.3 in Ecoboost mode! What a monster and great at high altitude.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    ...The one thing that still sets gas vs diesel apart is that exhaust brake. If you do any towing in the mountains it is worth its weight in gold on the way down, even without towing going down...
    That’s a good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    I'm not excited about the plastic pan on the 10-speed, but the 7.3L might be the perfect answer for many folks... I'm very interested to see those HP/torque and MPG numbers.
    I have many many thousands of rounds through "plastic" hand guns, so I'm not much worried about an oil pan that takes no load.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast