User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable To Get Cable to connect to TV in Ref. 26 RL

Hi Fellow Members,

I would appreciate any insight you can give me on a continuing cable TV issue I have on my 2017 Reflection 26rl with the pop-up TV. Antenna TV works fine-no problem.

The original TV was a TLC 40FHDE3010, which died on the way down to Tucson last year. A local RV tech in the park installed a replacement 40” TLC Roku TV. I don't recall ever getting a cable signal on either TV. We are back in Tucson for the month of Feb and I am determined to get this straightened out while we're here.

I've tried two connection methods: 1) From the park's cable access point to the coax input marked “Cable” on the upper right side of the Nautilus panel, and 2) From the park's cable access directly to the TV's coax input, by passing the cable through the slide window. In both cases the TV's display says“no signal-is it on?”

Additional Info
    The bedroom has a ceiling outlet near the area marked “ TV Backer Location”. It has 2 female coax connectors marked “Aux/Sat”), and a push-button that turns a green light on and off. I've seen some comments that this switch might control the antenna booster?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Peter in Tucson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be a Captain Obvious suggestion but did you check the TV's input settings to make sure it's set to cable?

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a little switch in the trailer entertainment center where the connections to the TV are. It is on the plate where the coax ties into the system. That switch needs to be in one setting for over the air tv and in the other for cable tv. It is very hard to see. Try pressing it and then scan for channels on the cable setting.
    Last edited by JColeman; 02-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the plate in the bedroom with the signal booster needs to be turned off for cable to work through the cable system.

The TV needs to be set to cable as well, then scanned for available channels.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks will try this afternoon!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)