User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    That is another advantage of the StrapTek.....you no longer have to use the tongue jack to raise or lower the coupler/hitch connection in order to hook up the straps. Hitch up the trailer and couple it and lock the couple. Retract the tongue jack all the way up if you'd like. Tension the spring bars and you are done with that part of the hitching process.
    Its easy to unhitch as well? Have to figure it out for the wife assp

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how strong or weak your wife's arm strength is, so it's not a question that can be answered by anyone but you. The longer the handle is on the wrench though, the more leverage you can get/use and not require as much body/arm strength. It's also one of those things that you might want to start out slowly....don't put the full amount of spring bar tension on and let her practice tightening it up a bit, then let the tension off. Take small steps until she feels comfortable with putting full tension on then releasing the tension. If done properly, it is a very controlled release of the tension.....totally unlike the Blue Ox release which is BAM, done in the blink of an eye.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    What I am going to show you is how I install (and remove) the Blue Ox bars using my PowerBuilt jack.
    Hi Howard,

I just stumbled on to this thread from a while ago . . . good idea!
    This would work equally well with the saddle welded to the top of the jack for lifting the axles.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did some shopping around for the Lippert StrapTek system, P/N 335852. The best overall price combination (part/tax/shipping) was from Walmart.com. It was $129.99.

StrapTek

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I did some shopping around for the Lippert StrapTek system, P/N 335852. The best overall price combination (part/tax/shipping) was from Walmart.com. It was $129.99.

StrapTek

Jim
    Thanks just ordered, not sure if a local wlamart carries these , but im on my way out for the weekend, and have no time to test them now anyways

Does anyone know if the "j" hook works better than the triangle ? Any differences?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

StrapTek

Jim
    Jim, that is a very good price........less than what I paid two years ago when I bought the system for my Toy Hauler. If I'm not mistaken, I got mine on Amazon and it was in the $150-$160 range. Nice find!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard I just found this thread too. Very interesting way to do that. I struggle with my Reese Straightline 1500lb bars too. I need to use the tongue jack to lift the trailer and the Tundra way up and can hear the jack protesting. I think I am going to need to try that with my bottle jack. The straightline cams have edges to them. Will have to look carefully at this to make sure I am safe doing it this way with my bottle jack.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Howard I just found this thread too. Very interesting way to do that. I struggle with my Reese Straightline 1500lb bars too. I need to use the tongue jack to lift the trailer and the Tundra way up and can hear the jack protesting. I think I am going to need to try that with my bottle jack. The straightline cams have edges to them. Will have to look carefully at this to make sure I am safe doing it this way with my bottle jack.

Rob
    Rob,
    I first experimented with this process using my truck's OEM bottle jack. It's doable, but the Blue Ox bar always slid one way or the other. In some cases I had to lower the jack and start over for fear of the bar slipping off the jack's lift point. That's why I didn't post about this process until I found a better solution.

BL: Please be very, very careful if you try this method with a normal bottle jack. The PowerBuilt is only ~$35...something to consider.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Rob,
    I first experimented with this process using my truck's OEM bottle jack. It's doable, but the Blue Ox bar always slid one way or the other. In some cases I had to lower the jack and start over for fear of the bar slipping off the jack's lift point. That's why I didn't post about this process until I found a better solution.

BL: Please be very, very careful if you try this method with a normal bottle jack. The PowerBuilt is only ~$35...something to consider.

-Howard
    Thanks Howard. I appreciate the concern. I won't use the bottle jack if it looks like it can slip or be dangerous. I don't like to take chances if things don't look safe.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123