User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on the road internet and cable options

I have a 2019 Momentum 351M. I’m curious on what people use for cable and internet. Other than hook ups at the camp grounds. I know that dish network does something but what other options are out there. Or what’s the best quality for the price. I appreciate the help!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrunner908 View Post
    I have a 2019 Momentum 351M. I’m curious on what people use for cable and internet. Other than hook ups at the camp grounds. I know that dish network does something but what other options are out there. Or what’s the best quality for the price. I appreciate the help!
    Do a search for "Verizon" or "Jetpack" using the forum's search engine*--this has been a popular topic lately. There's a lot to read!

*The white rectangular search box is near the top right of this page. Enter in the word(s) and click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the white box.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cable is long enough to keep up with us on the road. We have used "Dish For My RV" (Dish mobile account) and a Verizon JetPack since hitting the road in 2015. Both plans work well for us. Verizon came out just before the holidays with a new pre-paid plan that has unlimited data on the JetPacks, too. On the Dish equipment, the Pathway X2 paired with a receiver like the Wally is your best bet. Like Howard suggested, use the search box - there's a lot of reading to be done.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently ditched cable at home, not because the cable was too short, but because the bill was too long. We bought a Roku and are now streaming live TV at home. We use Direct TV Now currently and are pleased so far. What does that have to do with the topic? We plan on getting the Verizon prepaid unlimited Jetpack for internet at home with the hope that we can also take this setup on the road with us and live stream TV in the RV (assuming a decent signal). And if all goes well, we can also ditch the high priced cable internet at home. This way we have one bill (well 2 actually) for home use as well as RV use.

John
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 02-06-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket, unlimited extra. You can get in a group for 37.50 per line. Easy to join groups on Reddit cricketgroups

USB to my PC, router connects to my Ethernet, PC shares internet to router and I have uncapped unlimited in USA and Canada.

So my devices connect through the router and my PC automatically connects to the phone when plugged in. I use PDA net.

YouTube TV and Philo for streaming. Use rokus
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-07-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted the other day that YouTubeTV and HuluPremium were good options for streaming local channels. Today I received a flyer from my internet provider (we cut the cable cord a long time ago) Spectrum (nee Time-Warner) that you can stream their cable packages. For the same price I was paying YouTubeTV for about forty channels, I can get 170 channels from Spectrum including some good ones like PBS, Discovery, History, etc. On top of that, they upgraded my home internet from 300 to 400 meg for the same price.

So we're using the Verizon prepaid 8800 mifi as our primary internet connection in the RV with Tmobile phone hotspots as backups. Knock wood - so far we haven't found anyplace in South Texas where we can't get a decent connection on one system or the other.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have three cell phones, one with unlimited data, a spare, and my work cell. When on the road, we stream via our cell phones. At first we used a Roku, but we now we typically just stream through the service App on our phone and use an HDMI adapter to input the phone output to the TV. We have had several streaming services including Spectrum and Sling, but have now switched to Fubo since it has the MSG network which carries Rangers, Islanders, Devils, and Sabre's hockey. Also allows you to stream both Fox and NBC networks, which means we can get NASCAR in the summer, even if there is no over the air signal.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Ford Trucks have an AT&T hotspot built in, range of 50 feet. I have not tried it yet but in theory, if you have AT&T service, add this too it, have your truck parked next to your camper, you can run off that wifi. this can support Netflix, hulu, etc... which is all anyone needs nowadays with hulu live channels.

I have a Verizon jetpack my employer gave me so I have no need to signup for my own mobile internet package yet. If I did, I would also recommend the jetpack or try out the Ford wifi option with at&t.

We ditched cable/DirectTV this year and went to Internet service and got Hulu, Netflix, and amazon prime and ended up saving over $60 a month. Now we can just those services, with internet or wifi, when we are out with the camper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptacon View Post
    New Ford Trucks have an AT&T hotspot built in, range of 50 feet. I have not tried it yet but in theory, if you have AT&T service, add this too it, have your truck parked next to your camper, you can run off that wifi.
    Our 2018 Chevy also has the AT&T service, worked great last year when we was in the Adirondacks without Verizon service, used it to access the internet and text message. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All,

I just spoke to a friend who works for Verizon. The prepaid unlimited data on a jetpack is unlimited BUT...it only uses Verizon towers. They don't use other carrier towers to give you better signal on those plans (because they have to pay for that). So, in more urban or suburban areas it will work fine...but you could have coverage signal issues in more rural areas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast