User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ordered a 260RD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, do you have a link to a good pre delivery checklist?

I already gave the hitch a good once over to make sure the bolts are good. I've used B&W for other stuff in the past and love their quality, but am also the type of guy who always checks the work done by someone else on my vehicles. There's a local quick lube place that I've known the owner since before I could drive and he's the only one I've paid to do anything to any of my vehicles in about 10 years. Having a well equipped shop in my backyard certainly has its benefits!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the reference library on the second page is a pre delivery inspection thread. Jim has posted a .pdf file there that is very comprehensive.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposed to snow 2-4" overnight with sub-zero windchills tomorrow. This should be fun, lol.
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in Newfoundland last May. We had several days of below freezing temperatures and heavy snow at times. It’s all part of the RV experience.

Safe travels.
    Last edited by grampscamper; 02-18-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little chilly but pickup went well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Looks like you have enough truck.

When we picked up our last 5th wheel we had very similar weather. I had to wash it as soon as I got home.
    Last edited by grampscamper; 02-18-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its so exciting getting a new toy to play with.
    Hope the PDI went well.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to wait for it to warm up a bit before I can wash it, high was about 16*F today!

Was a busy day for us too. We picked up our camper this morning, and then had to be back at the dealership in the afternoon to pick up my parents'! We recently bought some land in the mountains with them and will be using the campers until we build a cabin. We will continue to use ours after that, and in the meantime, as we love taking road trips and want to explore WY, MT, and ID some more.

Today really made me appreciate the 5th wheel too. Truck drove like a DREAM with the B&W Companion slider set 1" in front of axle center and middle height setting. Our roads in Denver aren't the best, but it handled it like a champ. Went back to the dealership to pull my parents' Keystone Hideout 202LHS back and while it still did fine, you could definitely feel a difference, even with the 'stone being a couple thousand lbs lighter.

Now I just need it to warm up!!! Our land in the mountains is at 9500' and it's been snowing up there all weekend. Will try for a shakedown run at one of the local state parks in the next few weeks if weather cooperates.

Also picked up a 2nd battery while we were at the dealer, need to get that wired up and installed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the weather improves for you shortly. We’re getting lots of cold weather and snow here also. Can’t wait until spring arrives.
    I knew you would like how the combination handled. The F350 is certainly enough truck for your 5th wheel.
    Fun times are ahead!

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12