Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ordered a 260RD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ordered a 260RD

Looking to take delivery of a 260RD in 6 weeks or so. Really like the layout of it and how it utilizes space. It'll be my wife and I and our 2 labs. TV is a 2018 F350 CC short bed so more than enough there. First 5th wheel, but not my first camper. Had an Aerolite 28' travel trailer for a while but with my old truck (01 F250 7.3) it was a bit sketchy on the highway, and too long to get in to where we wanted to camp. So we bought some land in the mountains and solved that problem, lol.

Looking forward to spending some time on this board, been on forums for about 20 years now and really prefer them over Facebook and other social media. Met some of my best friends on old Jeep forums, and have been an admin/owner of one for about 15 years as well. Also love the activity on here, rare to see this much on a forum these days.
    Last edited by BigDaveZJ; 02-06-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    Looking to take delivery of a 260RD in 6 weeks or so. Really like the layout of it and how it utilizes space. It'll be my wife and I and our 2 labs. TV is a 2018 F350 CC short bed so more than enough there. First 5th wheel, but not my first camper. Had an Aerolite 28' travel trailer for a while but with my old truck (01 F250 7.3) it was a bit sketchy on the highway, and too long to get in to where we wanted to camp. So we bought some land in the mountains and solved that problem, lol.

Looking forward to spending some time on this board, been on forums for about 20 years now and really prefer them over Facebook and other social media. Met some of my best friends on old Jeep forums, and have been an admin/owner of one for about 15 years as well. Also love the activity on here, rare to see this much on a forum these days.
    Welcome to the forum, BigDaveZJ. I look forward to reading your contributions to our discussions.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, the fifth wheel is a lot different than a TT, but you will get use to it.
    Happy trails and looking forward to you input.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Welcome, the fifth wheel is a lot different than a TT, but you will get use to it.
    Happy trails and looking forward to you input.

Brian
    Those differences are precisely what got us looking at 5th wheels. I've got a 24ft gooseneck that I've hauled my Jeep on for close to 10 years, and the difference between it and the bumper pull trailer I used to use is incredible. Plus I'm 6'5" so the added height in the 5th wheels is a HUGE plus.

I've got a B&W slider on the way to go in my factory prep pkg. Haven't decided if I'm going to hump the hitch out when I use the goose or just a 5er head on the goose.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news, I have never towed a 5er or a gooseneck so I am learning the backing up lessons. They do trailer a lot better than a TT.
    Is it easy to convert a gooseneck to a fifth wheel? I have been thinking about a fifth wheel flat trailer but all I see is gooseneck.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my goose there's an outer collar that's welded to the neck with a height adjustable inner collar. Basically all that needs to be done is the ball attachment inner collar comes out and one with a 5th wheel plate goes in. Backing up is definitely a bit different than a bumper pull, takes a lot more input to get the trailer to move, but the same forces at play there are the ones that make them so much easier to tow.
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the group Dave and congratulations on your 260. That unit will tow like a dream with the F350. Enjoy!

Cheers, Neil
    Neil and Sheila
    2018 Reflection 303RLS - 2nd A/C
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Double Cab, Short Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. You won't feel that 260RD towing it with a F350. I towed a 32' travel trailer and a Reflection 295RL for a friend last year with my F350. I couldn't believe the difference. I felt uncomfortable towing the travel trailer but hardly knew the 5th wheel was on my truck.
    You'll be thrilled with your purchase.

Safe travels
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the welcomes! The 6 week order time apparently turned into 2, so we're going to pick it up on Monday! Got the B&W slider installed tonight. Other than being a heavy bastard it was super easy to put in.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the welcomes! The 6 week order time apparently turned into 2, so we're going to pick it up on Monday! Got the B&W slider installed tonight. Other than being a heavy bastard it was super easy to put in.
    Yes those hitches are heavy. Do me a favor and please check all bolts and such on the hitch and make sure they are all tighten to specs. I have a reese and assumed since it was already assembles it was good to go , not , towed the trailer home about 90 miles and later raised the hitch and found 4 major bolts not torqued to specs.
    Congrats on the faster delivery. Make sure to have a good pre delivery sheet and make sure the whole camper from top to bottom , especially the frame and axels are cleaned from the nasty roads salts.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast